Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Team:
The Digital Marketing mission is “To connect Canva to every user with engaging and effective digital experiences”. Digital Marketing designs and builds digital experiences to support goals and strategies across Marketing. Our work ranges from web development to physical-interactive Marketing campaigns, to connect Canva to users globally. Our goal is to ensure technical solutions for Marketing are effective, optimised for user experience, and drives discovery of our product, and generates MAUs, and signups.
As the Sr Program Lead, you will work alongside the group's existing senior leadership. You will be responsible for capturing and prioritising requests from internal stakeholders into the group. Your key responsibility will be coordinating the flow of information, so that your teams have all the relevant details needed to succeed.
You will work closely with Marketing leaders to understand the current prioritisation, balancing what the group's teams roadmap for short-term and long-term goals. You’re adaptable to change, and can keep up with the dynamics of a hyper-growth business environment and directional changes in strategy to rally the team around the new mission. You will leverage your relationships to liaise with stakeholders across the business to understand their long-term strategy, and goals. Anticipating their needs ahead of time, and preemptively starting conversations.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Marketing leaders to understand the current prioritisation, balancing what the group's teams roadmap for short-term and long-term goals.
- Leverage your relationships to liaise with stakeholders across the business to understand their long-term strategy and goals, allowing you to make informed decisions and anticipate projects that consider both short and long-term needs.
- Work to ensure that your teams are aligned with the group's strategy, goals, and mission. You will identify and resolve any misalignments and gaps, ensuring that everyone is moving in the same direction towards success.
- Navigate ambiguity, identifying the right stakeholders, and teams to clarify tasks, objectives, and gather requirements.
- Continually improve and implement processes and tooling improvements to improve efficiency and flow within the teams.
- Talk to and connect people from different backgrounds and skill sets, explaining ideas and decisions using different communication styles to suit the audience, ranging from engineers to senior leadership.
- Manage multiple stakeholders and their requests to ensure that your teams have the information they need to succeed.
- Balance competing priorities, coordinate information flow, and keep the teams on track to achieve their goals.
- Negotiate, challenge and problem solve with stakeholders to maximise delivery and impact.
What we're looking for:
- Understanding of UX, website design and development
- Experience practising waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience in content management systems
- Project management tools - Jira, Confluence, Trello
- Google suite specifically Google Sheets
- Understanding of SEO/SEM principles
- Familiarity with Marketing goals and strategies
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Understanding of Conversion Rate Optimisation / Experimentation
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.