We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
You'll be joining the Internationalization Team inside of our internal Developer Platform group which is responsible for making the engineering teams work better and faster. The Internationalisation Team's mission is to multiply developers' impact by empowering them to reach all of Canva's users across the globe. Canva is already a leader in internationalization with a sophisticated CI pipeline enabling daily releases in over 100 languages. Our objective now is to build the world's leading internationalization tech stack, delivering a painless workflow for developers and the best possible global experience for Canva's 50 million international users.
As the leader of the team, you will be working closely with engineers to understand their issues to unblock them and improve their effectiveness. Your day-to-day work includes working with other stakeholders to establish a development roadmap, contributing to the team and organizational internationalization strategy, and managing the growth and development of team members.
The role will be a mix of hands-on technical direction and software development and people leadership so you will still be able to get your hands dirty in the code.
This role is based in Sydney, open to remote applicants within Australia, and qualifies for interstate relocation for those who wish to work from Sydney HQ.
- Design, build and optimize frameworks to increase adoption internationally
- Design, build and optimize internationalization mechanisms so that engineers working on the product can localize features for our end-users
- Understand and communicate priorities within the team and the wider organization
- Promote/evangelize awareness of the importance of a localized culture throughout the organization
- Drive technical strategy and leadership to your team in a fast-paced innovation-focused environment
- Develop and grow a team of 5 to 8 Canvanauts (software engineers) through effective hiring, coaching, succession planning, and retention strategies
- Set up and run ongoing feedback sessions, initiatives to help drive a healthy code review culture, knowledge sharing, design showcases, and helping improve processes through retrospectives
- Strong Computer Engineering / Science knowledge around fundamentals and first principles relating to concurrency, multithreading, data structures, architecture, and various design patterns
- Strong Object Oriented Programming fundamentals
- An understanding of the DevOps ecosystem concerning tooling, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure as Code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong soft skills managing both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Be self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership over complex problems and their related solutions.
- Be capable of leading by example - promoting Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and engineering values.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team in Sydney HQ
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaching and Employee Support Programs
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations
- Interstate relocation assistance for folks who desire to relocate to Sydney HQ
This role is open to remote applicants within Australia that do not need visa sponsorship. We will require occasional travel to Sydney up to three times per quarter, once it is safe to do so.
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.