We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
- Design, build and optimize build frameworks to build and test a monorepo architecture
- As a part of using Build Tools, recommend some best practices for developer teams
- Understand and communicate priorities within the team and the wider organization
- Drive technical strategy and leadership to your team in a fast-paced innovation-focused environment
- Develop and grow a team of 5 to 8 Canvanauts (software engineers) through effective hiring, coaching, succession planning, and retention strategies
- Set up and run ongoing feedback sessions, initiatives to help drive a healthy code review culture, knowledge sharing, design showcases, and helping improve processes through retrospectives
- Experience with build tools, Bazel, maven, Gradle, *nix.
- Strong Computer Engineering / Science knowledge around fundamentals and first principles relating to concurrency, multithreading, data structures, architecture, and various design patterns
- Strong Object Oriented Programming fundamentals
- An understanding of the DevOps ecosystem concerning tooling, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure as Code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong soft skills managing both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Be self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership over complex problems and their related solutions
- Be capable of leading by example - promoting Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and engineering values
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Vibe and Thrive Allowance to support health and wellness
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaching and Employee Support Programs
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations
Remote applicants will require occasional travel to Sydney up to three times per quarter, once it is safe to do so.
The Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, and quiet places to retreat.
If you're seeking professional growth and enjoy working on large, distributed, cloud-based applications that delight our millions of individual and business users alike - then apply now to be considered for the position!
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.