We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
The continued growth of the business relies on the ability of the Talent Acquisition and Team Happiness (HR) teams to work together to source, attract, and retain world-class talent. The Talent Acquisition practice at Canva is cutting-edge, leveraging the latest recruitment technologies and platforms and promoting a very data-driven approach to optimizing the efficiency and performance of the Talent Acquisition function.
As a result of this exciting growth, the People team is seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist to support Canva's recruitment lifecycle for Engineering leadership
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Canva success - we’ve hired some of the best engineers, designers, growth marketers and product managers from all over the world and it takes a curious, tenacious and creative recruiter to make sure we’re always discovering talent that will take Canva into the future.
As a Leadership Recruiter, you will focus on Canva leadership hiring from Manager level up and Senior Software Engineering hiring, Principal level and above. You will be passionate about building strong industry networks and will be critical to scaling Canva leadership as Canva continues to be one of the world's fastest growing software companies.
- You will share the Canva story, vision and culture with prospective candidates and act as a brand ambassador when representing Canva and job opportunities in the external marketplaces.
- Sourcing for active and passive talent in the market, with attention to Engineering Leaders, converting them into successful hires
- Filtering and high-level screening of inbound applications across the various recruitment platforms and technologies utilized by the Talent Acquisition Team.
- The end-to-end guidance of individuals through Canva’s standard interview process - from application qualification, phone screening, to face-to-face interviews, through to offer and close.
- Work with recruiters and hiring managers to understand hiring needs and execute recruitment strategies for each position. This also involves managing stakeholders across Sydney and ensuring that there is clarity on the recruitment process and progress.
- Ensuring integrity of data and the free-flow of information by meticulous note-taking and utilization of our applicant tracking tools and platforms
- Promote and support the data-driven talent acquisition approach and strive for constant collaboration across Sydney.
- Market mapping organizations with passive talent in line with the needs of Canva’s engineering leadership team
- A fundamental understanding of technology concepts, specifically with respect to software development.
- 5+ years Tech recruitment experience with knowledge of hiring in the leadership space.
- Proven capacity to develop and maintain successful stakeholder relationships across the business and different stakeholders.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills - you will have to be comfortable writing job descriptions, email templates, engaging in candidate correspondence, and managing internal communication across the team.
- An interest in high-growth technology companies.
Competencies for Success
- You are a highly motivated recruiter who loves what you do. You’re able to get into the details and deliver quality results on time. You’re a wearer of many hats and can juggle multiple priorities at the same time.
- You’re creative (and know that job adverts and LinkedIn are not the only channels of headhunting candidates). You love research and understand that the art of sourcing is always evolving. You get stuck on various platforms, technology tools, social networks and databases to uncover the best talent in the world.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary on offer, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfasts and lunches for us each day, when we're able to be in the office.
- A Vibe and Thrive allowance that covers personal education, wellbeing, social connections and home office support.
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices, for those not working remotely
- Sponsored social clubs and team events + fun and quirky celebrations, suitable for wherever you're based!
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work. We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.