We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Technical Program Managers
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! Since growing to a worldwide team of over 1,600 we need to work effectively together and improve our delivery ability as we scale, which is where our Technical Program Managers come in.
As a Technical Program Manager, it is your mission to work closely with senior managers and product development teams to build a sustainable culture of delivery. You will lead complex, multi-disciplinary programs and be equally comfortable working with leadership to set strategic goals and clarify priorities, as you are with teams to communicate program status, escalate issues and manage dependencies as you are discussing technical trade-offs with an engineer.
What you'll be doing
- Monitor and track delivery status across multiple teams and projects
- Promote accountability towards sustainable program delivery
- Manage open issues relating to program delivery
- Assess and manage program risks
- Manage dependencies across teams and groups
- Facilitate effective, timely and transparent team decision making practices
- Ensure an appropriate degree of consistency in planning, documentation and core practices across teams to ensure meaningful velocity and promote our ability to scale how teams work across Canva
- Facilitate continual improvement rituals to build the effectiveness of product development and engineering teams
- Build a culture and environment to achieve excellence and innovation
- Build partnerships with cross-functional teams to influence decisions, drive alignment and prioritisation
- Partner with Group Leadership to facilitate the delivery of Canva’s highest priority, complex and multi-disciplinary initiatives
Experience you'll need
- A minimum of 5 years TPM experience at a SaaS company
- Deep understanding of Agile product development processes
- Knowledgeable in technical concepts, systems and practices
- Experience working with onsite and remote Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver key company initiatives
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- A natural communicator who leads through influence, not authority
- A love for navigating complexity and tackling ambiguous problems
- Process-oriented but flexible in approach
- Motivated to provide an inclusive and psychologically safe environment for our diverse team to collaborate together, in a timely fashion, towards shared goals
- Introspective focus to continually improve the effectiveness of Canva’s teams
- Dedicated to personal growth and improving in your craft as a TPM
- Leadership capability to ensure clarity, alignment and accountability to achieve our crazy big goals
- Ability to think strategically but also able to make crazy big goals happen. This role will be very hands-on!
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- Employee Assistant Program
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Gym and yoga facilities onsite
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.