Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but our hubs in Beijing and Wuhan are home to our operations in China. Our China hubs have been designed with you in mind - a space for you to come together and connect with your team, both near and far. With delicious breakfast and lunch meals provided (and with plenty of snacks), you'll always stay fuelled to take on the day. Zoom the Sydney team with tea and biscuit? You got it!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
The Analytics Engineer empowers Canvanauts to discover insights from our data. They are a steward of organizational knowledge, not a researcher answering a specific question. Like a librarian, the analytics engineer curates the catalog so that the researchers can do their work more effectively.
The analytics engineer applies software engineering best practices on a daily basis. Their purpose is to maintain and operate the data platform to deliver well-defined, transformed, tested, documented, and code-reviewed data sets.
We handle Billions of rows and Petabytes of data from hundreds of different sources - including events, databases, and third-party systems. We work in collaboration with multiple teams and stakeholders to support their decision making process. We work everyday to make Canva one of the most valuable companies in the world and to do the most good along the way. We are looking to grow our team and multiply our impact.
- Apply software engineering practices to provide clean data sets from the data warehouse to end users.
- Work primarily with SQL and Python to automate and optimize data loading and transformation systems.
- Maintain, operate, and tune data infrastructure (Fivetran, Snowflake, Redshift, dbt, Looker, Mode Analytics, Census) at scale.
- Develop infrastructure, tools and scalable data ingestion, access and modeling frameworks to support Canva's use of the data warehouse.
- Design and build out analytic data models that support answering questions from our product team and company leaders.
- Ensure that our users’ data is protected throughout the data lifecycle and that it’s used with their consent to provide them with an amazing product experience.
- At least 2 years of recent experience building and managing large data platform environments in the cloud, AWS preferred.
- Experience with modern MPP cloud-based data warehouse solutions such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery.
- Advanced SQL and data modeling skills.
- Experience working with event-oriented data sets of large size and diverse schemas.
- Experience developing dashboards and reporting systems.
- Familiarity with a wide set of data warehousing principles, including architecture, methodologies, schemas, performance/optimization principles, and best practices.
- Strong competency following the ELT approach to the data integration process.
- Curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and collaborative skills.
- Experience owning, tracking, and delivering goals, working both independently and in teams.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.