We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
The Team and Role
Canva’s People team has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators in the world. In order to do this, we need a strong, empowered and capable team to help Canva scale to be the most valuable company in the world!
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Canva’s success - we’ve hired some of the best people from all over the world and it takes curious, tenacious and creative Recruiters to make sure we’re always discovering talent that will take Canva into the future. That’s where your leadership and capability is going to help our team shine!
Canva is seeking an experienced and strategic talent partner who will take an entrepreneurial approach to help grow Canva’s EMEA region, as our first on the ground Recruiter. You will work to build and execute our hiring strategy, strive for consistency in process, grow the team to support significant growth, in areas such as marketing, sales and other functions, and will advise on best practice hiring in the region. You will work closely with local and global leadership, the global TA and wider People team, to align on our hiring roadmap, give insight into the talent market across regions and help to ensure Canva’s talent brand position accurately reflects our vision, values and goals.
This role can be operated in remotely, with travel to London required as and when needed.
What you’ll do:
- Full life-cycle recruiting: You’ll help scale the team by owning the recruiting process from start to finish.. You’ll recruit roles across the business, at varying levels and particularly focus on critical senior hires as we build out our leadership strength in the region.
- Hire the best: Your team’s focus will be on hiring quality candidates with agility and speed. We regularly do Global searches to find the best talent for Canva.
- Help build a diverse workplace: We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. You will be a champion of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, ensuring roles have a diverse candidate slate and the broader team is adopting and evangelizing inclusive hiring practices.
- Coaching and career development: You’ll grow and coach a team of recruiters who will power various specialty groups within Canva.
- Stakeholder partnership: You will establish trusted relationships with the global Group leads, to gain a deeper understanding of their hiring requirements, and how each role fits into the business and powers Canva. You will coach and advise them on our hiring framework, interview and unconscious bias training and partner closely to represent and build the Canva culture.
- Obsess about candidate experience: At Canva we care deeply about our People. Our candidate experience isn’t anything different. You are memorable on the phone and engaging over emails. You can effectively share the Canva story, vision and culture and act as a brand ambassador.
- Data-driven: You are always trying to improve our hiring process and you will think with a data-first approach. You’ll report on hiring progress, provide insights on the competitor and talent landscape across the region and influence hiring plans with meaningful data and research.
What we are looking for:
- 5 + years of experience in an internal and or start-up recruitment role and have a successful track record of hiring top talent.
- You know how to recruit, build and scale an organisation with a broad and varied workforce, and feel comfortable recruiting across multiple business functions.
- You’re a hustler! You’re an independent, adaptable and highly motivated Recruiter who loves what you do. You’re able to get into the details and deliver quality results on time.
- You’re a wearer of many hats and can juggle multiple priorities at the same time.
- You’re creative (and know that job adverts and LinkedIn are not the only channels of headhunting candidates). You love to research and understand that the art of sourcing is always evolving. You get stuck into various platforms, technology tools, social networks and databases to uncover the best talent in the world.
- You have the aptitude to leverage our product, culture and mission of Canva to attract the right candidates.
- Tact, diplomacy and professionalism are a way of life for you when you deal with various sensitive situations across the role.
- Able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders, based in the EMEA region and globally.
- Working in a start-up environment requires you to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes. You'll ideally have experience in this environment, or be excited to make this transition and by the growth opportunities it will bring!
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.