We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs. We are well on our journey as a startup - a profitable one (and currently the most valuable private tech company in Australia). As we continue that journey, we are seeking engineers with strong skills in system administration and corporate infrastructure to join us in our HQ in Sydney.
Secure, scalable, well-maintained systems are the foundation of our development and design processes and we strive to ensure the same for our company’s technology operations. This is an opportunity to be a member of Canva’s crucial Internal Infrastructure Team, playing a key role in the global expansion of one of the world’s most exciting technology companies.
Currently, in our Sydney HQ, we have over 600 people over 6 floors and 3 buildings, conference rooms, multi-use presentation spaces, a cafeteria, a rooftop bar, and cafe. We have no plans to grow into a large corporate entity with layers of middle management and archaic processes - but instead, continue our progressive approach to the workplace, using engineering to codify the unique ways in which we work.
As an individual contributor, you’ll be focused on providing strong internal Atlassian tooling expertise to help our organization achieve its goals. This isn’t a purely Atlassian-focused role, however - other areas of process and workflow automation are also a key area. Here at Canva, we’re stretching the limits of what’s possible in workflow tooling - if this excites you, let’s talk!
- Provide local subject matter expertise on all things Atlassian. Mainly, this will involve Jira - creating and customizing projects, supporting pre-existing projects, and nurturing a healthy culture of best-practice Jira usage
- Work with the rest of our Internal Infrastructure team defining and following engineering best practices
- Advise the business, while taking a hands-on approach to implementing necessary systems improvements, platform migrations, and upgrades
- Provide mentorship and internal training on Atlassian & agile skills
- Identify trends and problem areas using data-driven approaches and use metrics to identify focus areas for prioritization - with the end goal of improving our internal infrastructure and efficiency of our workforce
- Ensure our internal systems are stable and consistently available
- Support configuration activities, planned outages, etc
- Working on other areas that interest you within the team - this is an Atlassian tooling role first, with room for personal growth as you see fit!
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong Jira administration experience is a must. We’re looking for someone who’s browsing the JAC regularly and has taken Jira to the limit!
- Experience managing other Atlassian tooling - namely Confluence, Access, etc.
- Experience with implementing or maintaining SSO/IDP services is helpful - Okta/AzureAD/Duo, etc.
- Scripting & coding experience is a big plus, not a barrier to entry
- You’re a champion of efficiency - with a bias towards creating self-service solutions to issues encountered by users
- You are an excellent communicator; with the ability to adapt well and multi-task amidst changing priorities in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaching and Employee Support Programs
- Sponsored social clubs, team events and celebrations
- Interstate relocation to Sydney HQ
This role is based in Sydney and qualifies for interstate relocation. This role is high-contact with key stakeholders and regrettably, cannot be remote.
We ensure that the Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, quiet places to retreat.
Check out what our users are saying about us on Twitter
Check out what life is like at Canva on our Instagram
If you're a passionate technologist seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.