We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
- Expected to respond to escalations from customer support specialists and Community managers within 2 hours, minimum expectation is to acknowledge the concern and provide initial feedback on actions that will be taken and/or expected time to resolve the concern.
- Responsible for taking ownership of escalated (including complicated or ageing ) issues resolution which will involve following up with engineers/product team/other departments , and closes the feedback loop with the user within a reasonable timeline.
- Expected to use advanced troubleshooting, product and process knowledge to diagnose root causes to be able to take appropriate steps to resolve users’ concerns which will result in restoring users’ high level of engagement in the product and excellent customer service experience with Canva.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge on product updates/internal process flows/knowledge base documentation including macros and are also responsible for cascading process/product updates to customer support specialists and Community managers.
- Use your writing skills and User Experience principles to craft copy that helps Canva users to design and solve any issues they experience when using Canva.
- Serves in training and upskilling specialists by performing competence transfer through a "mentor" like partnership.
- **Proactively communicate ideas that can improve internal processes / be either best practices or coaching opportunities of specialists that will support Canva’s mission of ensuring flawless user experience which will make users fans for life.
Experience the candidate Must have...
- You have 3+ years of experience in a customer support environment.
- You’re an excellent English writer: you love to write internal process / product copy that’s clear and human, you’re meticulous about punctuation and grammar, and you have a knack for tone of voice.You strive for clarity in all of your messages, and you know how to make complex things simple.
- You know how to share your vision and expertise with people from various backgrounds and disciplines, and you’re great at getting buy-in.
- You are passionate about user experiences.
- You’re a strategic thinker and a problem solver.
- You take initiative and you’re comfortable giving constructive feedback and having difficult conversations. You’re not afraid to ask questions, speak up and dig-deeper until you’re confident you understand an issue well.
- You enjoy investigating issues and taking initiative in finding solutions, even when the path is not always clear.
- You’ve got a technological aptitude to manage spreadsheets and documents.
- You’re able to accept the working schedule during Weekends and holidays (possible nightshift in the future).
- You have excellent verbal English communication skills.
- You have experience in managing a customer support team.
- You have worked with engineers / product teams and understand their work scopes.
- You’re familiar with the backend, frontend, and everything in between.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.