We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the team
The Strategy & Analysis team is the guardian of the long-term performance of the Canva Group. We work with stakeholders across the business and throughout the leadership team to ensure Canva is maximizing its potential and setting and achieving its crazy big goals.
The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class finance team, and the strategy & analysis team is a core component of our finance ecosystem. We support the finance team’s mission to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users
- Learn from and work with some of Australia's best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product and growth professionals
- Develop and grow in a dynamic role with the ability to make decisions that impact the development of the business
As the Strategy & Analysis team’s duties and activities continue to develop and expand to support the growth of the business across multiple geographies and products, we are looking to grow the Business Analyst ranks.
As a Business Analyst, you will work closely with the Strategy & Analysis team, broader Finance, and business stakeholders to support Canva in setting and achieving its growth objectives, playing a key role in shaping strategic business decisions. We’ll rely on you to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform strategic discussions and guide decision-making. Additionally, you will be responsible for conducting market research, reporting of key internal and external insights, and building relationships with group leadership at Canva to assist with strategic thinking and growth opportunities. You will also work closely with our product teams to assess potential opportunities and play a part in providing advice to leadership
We’re a fast moving business so change is frequent. You’ll be comfortable working in a hands on, dynamic environment and have excellent communication & negotiation skills. Reporting to the Leadership Team, the core responsibilities of the role include:
- Structuring complex strategic problems and making actionable recommendations based on large amounts of information
- Working on cross functional projects and build relations with key stakeholders across the organisation
- Being a forward-thinker, helping identify and prioritise new product and growth opportunities to ready the business for 2, 3, or 5 years ahead
- Monitoring and reporting on performance vs goals set by individual teams and the company
- Working with Data Analysts and automating retrieval of data to the fullest extent possible
- Working with the broader Strategy & Analysis team to democratise strategic thinking and support groups in the goal setting / monitoring process
- Ad-hoc involvement and support in wider strategic initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in management consulting or strategy-driven teams at a high growth startup / tech company
- Strong business acumen with problem-solving creativity and commercial judgement
- Experience in analysing large volumes of data and building forecast models, formulating strategic frameworks is great
- Experience with strategy implementation or operations is considered a plus
- Degree level qualification in a relevant field such as commerce, finance, accounting, management or economics would be an advantage
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines
- Ability to own and drive pieces of work from start to finish, with support of team leadership
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Self motivated with a desire to learn
- Experience with analytical tools or SQL would be an advantage
If you have a keen eye for detail, a strong desire to keep learning and you enjoy upholding high standards of excellence and integrity in the services you deliver then this could be the role for you. Operating in a fast paced environment you are able to adapt quickly, manage workloads and meet deadlines with support and oversight. You have excellent communication skills and approach tasks with a problem solving attitude, with a constant lens of continuous improvement.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.