We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the team
The Strategy & Analysis team is the guardian of the long-term performance of the Canva Group. We work with stakeholders across the business and throughout the leadership team to ensure Canva is maximizing its potential by setting and achieving its crazy big goals.
The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class finance team, and the Strategy & Analysis team is a core component of our finance ecosystem. We support the finance team’s mission to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users
- Learn from and work with some of Australia's best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product and growth professionals
- Develop and grow in an inaugural role with the ability to make decisions that impact the development of the business
About the Role
As the Strategy & Analysis team’s duties and activities continue to develop and expand to support the growth of the business across multiple geographies and products, we are looking to grow the Financial Analyst ranks.
Working within the Strategy & Analysis team, this role will be responsible for all things modelling-related, including maintaining and improving the Canva financial model, building operational models for different groups within Canva and scenario modelling to assist with strategic decision-making. As this role will understand metrics and performance of our groups intimately, they will also play a key role in supporting other groups within finance and the wider business.
We’re a fast moving business so change is frequent. You’ll be comfortable working in a hands on, dynamic environment and have excellent communication & negotiation skills.
The core responsibilities of the role include:
- Building and maintaining models as well as analysis, reporting and relationship building with key stakeholders in the wider company
- Consistently innovate and evolve Canva’s forecasting processes and improve forecasts as necessary for our rapidly growing business
- This person will be key in developing and maintaining operational models for our Groups, working closely with Finance Business Partners to ensure strategic initiatives are modelled, sense-checked and understood in the context of Canva’s overall strategy and mission
- Monitoring and reporting on performance vs goals set by individual teams and the company
- Working with Data Analysts and automating retrieval of data to the fullest extent possible
- Working with the broader Strategy & Analysis team to democratise strategic thinking and support groups in the goal setting / monitoring process
- Ad-hoc involvement and support in wider strategic initiatives through providing modelling and forecasting expertise
What we look for is a A commercially-minded Excel whiz with a keen eye for detail and passion for modelling. You enjoy upholding high standards of excellence and integrity in the services you deliver and have a strong desire to keep learning and growing. Operating in a fast paced environment you are able to adapt quickly, manage workloads and meet deadlines with support and oversight. You have excellent communication skills and approach tasks with a problem solving attitude, with a constant lens of continuous improvement. Also, we’d love it if you had…
- At least 2+ years of relevant experience in a role primarily focused on modelling, financial analysis or scenario-based analysis. Candidates currently working in Deals Modelling or Valuation teams in an Accounting / Corporate Advisory firm will definitely be considered, however a majority of the role's modelling work will be bottoms-up, operational and scenario-based modelling
- Experience in analysing large volumes of data and building forecast models, being a wizard at Excel is a must
- Strong business acumen with problem-solving creativity and commercial judgement
- Degree level qualification in a relevant field such as commerce, finance, accounting, management or economics
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Self motivated with a desire to learn
- Experience with analytical tools or SQL would be an advantage
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row. We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to.
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you will be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst - We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.