Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team:
Every month, more than 60 million Canva users create a design in one of the 100 languages other than English that Canva supports. The localisation specialty is made up of three incredible teams of linguists, project managers, and designers distributed throughout the company! The team continue to hit outstanding results through their mission of celebrating the diversity of our growing base of global users and making their Canva experiences delightful.
This mission involves everything from developing a vision for the global Canva user experience by procuring translation services via LSPs, to maintaining localisation infrastructure roadmaps. If you join us, you'll get the opportunity to be involved in all stages of the development cycle in world-class product teams.
On day one, you’ll start building a deep understanding of the content discoverability experience in Canva for Global users. From here, you’ll roadmap major and minor improvements to the experience and build a rapport with the cross-functional teams who own content, search, and internationalisation.
After 6 months, you'll have guided the project from planning, through execution, and into impact analysis. You will have developed relationships with the relevant collaborators and communicated the case widely and thoughtfully.
In a year’s time you’ll be contributing to the team’s future vision and working on the next major localisation project.
What you'll do:
- Drive localisation strategy and implementation of localisation processes and solutions for Product Localisation at Canva
- Support international expansion of Canva's platforms by implementing efficient and scalable product localisation solutions
- Guide the wider teams of PM, engineers, and designers in localisability standard methodologies to ensure success of international product launches
- Identify process and product improvements for international users and devise solutions that are cost-effective and time-efficient
- Evangelize internationalisation and localisation standard processes
- Drive Machine Translation strategies and implementation across products for LOTE users
What we're looking for
- A strong track record & expertise with localisation tools and processes
- A solid understanding of product growth
- Proficiency with SQL/data analysis
- Tertiary education in linguistics or localisation
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.