Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About Canva University
Canva University (internal Learning & Development) sits within the People Experience group. Canva University is on a mission to help each and every Canvanaut grow and develop in the skills that will help them to make a positive impact, by offering the most impactful learning experiences possible.
Our learning experiences are aligned to our Growth and Development Framework called the 12 Skills, which sets out the most important skills that every Canvanaut needs to thrive throughout their journey at Canva. Our 12 Skills are centred on four pillars that span across Leadership & Coaching, Communication, Strategy and Craft. Our learning experiences cover everything from technical learning, onboarding, leadership, team effectiveness, capability development, performance and personal development.
We're open to remote expressions of interest in Australia or New Zealand.
What you'll do
- Play a lead role in the implementation of our revamped skills strategy; including identifying key capability needs across Canva, partnering with cross-functional stakeholders, and translating these needs into innovative, compelling learning solutions
- Identify and develop learning solutions that build the most critical skills Canva needs to achieve it's crazy big goals
- Identify & implement opportunities to build a community of learners, using principles of social learning, habit formation & on-the-job capability development
- Partner with our SMEs across Canva, using principles of instructional design to translate their knowledge into engaging and accessible learning & development experiences
- Design and facilitate a variety of both virtual and face-to-face development experiences that are anchored to our 12 Skills Framework.
- Working with Canva University teammates (Learning designers, program managers etc) to bring the learning solutions to life
What we're looking for
- Depth of experience leading programs within capability development, leadership, talent, and/or organisational development
- Deep knowledge in instructional design, with demonstrated experience designing innovative learning & development experiences
- Bring subject matter expertise & thought leadership in the capability and leadership development space
- Strategic and solution focused mindset, with a proven ability to identify root causes & design and deliver high impact solutions to address them
- Systems-wide approach, with an ability to zoom out to see the bigger picture, and collaborate across diverse functions and geographies to drive mutually beneficial outcomes
- Proven facilitation skills, delivering programs in both a face-to-face and virtual environment
- Open to and welcome change, and have the ability to problem solve/troubleshoot, and quickly iterate on the basis of feedback and changing priorities
- Organisational psychology background is desirable
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.