Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Role
As a Financial Planning Analyst in the CoE you are part of the backbone delivering the managerial reporting to our field finance business partners, our CFO and Investor Relations. In a dynamic and fast-moving environment, you will unify processes that currently exist with our finance partners and provide a framework for operational and financial performance monitoring, contextualised against our plan & strategic objectives. You will be a key enabler in helping FP&A set high standards in data integrity via defined metrics and maintaining a source of truth.
You will also be part of an exciting period of growth at a truly global company. We are only 1% of the way towards achieving our overarching vision at Canva, and FP&A will be at the heart of how we bring the story of our overall performance to life!
What you'll do:
- You will provide monthly P&L reporting by department for our finance business partners.
- You will understand and identify the metrics that matter to each field finance business partner and the collaborators they interact with.
- Provide a framework and process for monitoring operational performance versus our plan for onward distribution to our field business partners, collating significant insights that support reporting to our CFO and Investor Relations.
- Build and maintain a FP&A source of truth via a centrally owned catalogue of metrics, definitions and data sources.
- Distribute agreed-upon reporting to our field finance business partners.
- Prior work experience in FP&A.
- Possess exceptional technical skills - MS Excel with exposure to ERP
- Experience in P&L management, interpreting and reporting actual business performance results.
- Someone who has worked and collaborated with remote stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility with stakeholders through transparency and dependability.
- Possess a strong work ethic and has the high energy to collaborate with our finance business partners.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise work in a fast-paced environment.
What you'll learn:
- You will have visibility across our global performance.
- Be a foundational member of our new FP&A Centre of Excellence and new FP&A structure at Canva.
- Help Canva build a world-class FP&A team by organising, standardising, maintaining and driving continuous improvement of all reporting activities.
- You will develop your communication style by interacting with a diverse range of collaborators.
- Be part of a private company and its journey of growth and sophistication to a potential public listing.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.