Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Design Experience Supergroup
The Design Experience supergroup's mission is to build powerful, yet simple tools that empower anyone to design anything
You will be responsible for Canva's video, presentations, and docs experiences, among others. This will involve simplifying the complexities that come with these experiences, and reimagining how traditional video, presentation and doc editing works.
With millions of users using Canva every day, this is an opportunity to redefine visual and animated communication and have a global impact on the way people create content.
Working across several high-impact groups and teams, you will quickly become exposed to and have the opportunity to create impact to all moving parts of Canva, working in collaboration with individuals across multiple groups.
About the Content Design Specialty
Content Design is on a mission to help our users fulfill their goals with clarity and joy.
We’re looking to achieve this by building an amazing team with a culture of clear and crisp writing. Our focus is on systems, not just sentences. We create and improve flows, not just the words. We seek to have deep impact on key areas, not just shallow impact everywhere.
We're a small and growing part of our Design specialty. Canva sees content as a crucial part of its ongoing success – and we’re really focused on improving our content experience. We have a fun, human voice that we want to do a better job of getting across to our users, instead of, you know, “generic UX writing” voice.
We’re passionate about working together to create the future of Content Design at Canva; it’s not a top-down approach. Your opinion matters! You’ll also get lots of support from the diverse content team across the business. As soon as you arrive, we’ll be saying “Thank goodness you’re here!”
The content design specialty collaborates closely with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers and Design Researchers to identify solutions that prioritize our users’ needs.
About the role
Content Design: This is an individual contributor role. You’ll use your writing skills, User Experience principles and knowledge of technical requirements of front-end development to develop product copy that helps Canva users to collaborate without the headaches. You’ll also work with the rest of the Content Design team to solve problems we’re all facing, so we can continue to build a robust, thriving specialty.
Results: You’ll help design and develop the Canva website and applications from a content-first perspective, where your content design decisions move the metrics that matter
Collaboration: You’ll bring design, PMs, engineers and researchers together to find the best solutions for our users and to mitigate web-related issues by solving problems with language
Goals that you'll achieve:
- Building relationships within your product areas, and building your own understanding of how and why these different experiences exist
- Audit the different creation experiences (video, presentations, whiteboards, docs, websites etc) and earmark opportunities for scalable consistency
- Support the creation of an emerging product (Sheets) that needs a Content Designer's clarity magic-wand
- Overhaul the onboarding experience for video, presentations, whiteboarding and docs
- Create scalable consistency for AI experiences with a focus on trust and delight
- Continue building relationships with stakeholders across the business to ensure alignment with parallel initiatives that impact the core editing experience
What we are looking for:
- You’re a senior strategic Content Designer who’s got a proven track record of solving complex problems, ideally in the tech/SaaS industry. This means you have at least 5 years of content design or UX writing experience.
- You’ve owned Content Design research before and can champion best practices for studies and experiments in the messaging space.
- You have incredible UX writing skills and an impressive content design portfolio, and are a stickler for brand voice, consistency and style.
- You know how to work independently, but you also love collaborating with people from different disciplines and sharing the power of content design.
- You’ve got a good balance between big-picture thinking and nailing the details.
- You’re not afraid of complex problems – in fact, that’s where you thrive.
- You know how to get buy-in from key stakeholders. You’ve got a track record of bringing people on the journey with you – they know what’s changing and why.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey. Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.