Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group/team
Finance’s Mission is to be a world-class team recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders. The team is well respected and embedded within Canva, often sought for its opinions and inputs into company-wide goals. We are the gatekeepers of the company's Financial growth goals and performance, supporting teams to achieve their goals through scaling and evolving our various operational processes and making sure the company meets its various external compliance requirements.
The Accounting team owns “what the numbers are” at Canva, ensuring that we provide accurate, consistent, and reliable financial information to both our internal teams, our board, and investors. We are at the core of the Finance team, with all other teams (FP&A, Strategy, Tax, etc) relying on the Financial information we produce. The Accounting team also owns the finance operating cycles of Procure to Pay, Quote to Cash, Treasury, and Payroll - critical business-facing operations that support our Groups to achieve their goals.
About the role/specialty
The role of the Head of Global Spend is a highly visible and impactful role. As Canva continues to grow globally, so do the size and complexity of our Procure to Pay operations and our associated compliance requirements.
Based in the Sydney head office, the role will be responsible for overseeing our procure-to-pay operating cycles, determining and driving the strategy of how they continue to scale and transform globally as we continue to grow existing locations, add in new locations and work closely as part of Finance leadership to solve our most complex cross-functional challenges in this space. They will be responsible for delivering on a number of key priorities and goals.
The role will work closely with other teams within Finance including FP&A, Tax, and cross-functionally with other Groups such as the People Group, Legal, IT, and the wider business.
The role will be a coach and a leader to a number of team members who are also leading teams themselves, and also be responsible for continuing to build out the high-performing team.
What you'll do
- Overall owner of the global P2P process, responsible for the vision, strategy, scaling, and transformation of the cycle.
- Coach and lead a number of growing teams.
- Working with Tax, Accounting, FP&A, Legal, People, and IT teams cross-functionally to transform Canva’s expense processes.
- Ensuring that Canvanauts are supported in being able to spend efficiently and effectively to achieve their goals.
- Working with wider Finance leadership on projects and transactions that arise.
What we're looking for
- We’re looking for a seasoned professional with deep experience across procure-to-pay operations.
- They are a big problem solver that is happy to take on any challenge, get their hands dirty, and figure out a solution. Their communication is exceptional, able to communicate complex problems and recommendations with ease to senior business leaders.
- They have experience in leading and growing teams and are keen for a fresh challenge in taking Canva’s P2P processes through transformation and to the next level of scale.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key to building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.