We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
The role and team
Are you a passionate Senior SEO specialist who loves to think big and scale growth? Canva’s SEO is world class, and we’re looking for a talented Senior SEO specialist to join the core SEO team to help scale our next phase of growth.
As a Senior SEO specialist, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to Canva’s global Content & SEO strategy from ideation to execution. You’ll thrive and adapt in a fast-paced environment, and you’re confident in making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data and experience. You have a knack for problem-solving, identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements.
What you'll do:
- Own the editorial strategy and execution for our Learn blog with SEO as the main driver. Coordinate with other teams to distribute content across all channels (Social media, email, etc)
- Ensure that we build high-quality SEO-driven content for everything anyone can create in Canva (ex: presentations, logos, resumes etc)
- Strategise and scale how we link our content to different SEO platforms (Create, Product pages, Templates) to improve our internal linking
- Own the outreach strategy and coaching for the Manila team
- Set clear content SEO goals, KPIs and requirements to define and measure what success looks like
- Scale and improve existing workflows and processes, with a focus on automation and efficiency
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of in-house or agency experience with a proven track record of growing SEO
- You're a natural leader and communicator, with strong experience managing projects through to delivery
- You're a well-rounded SEO that is comfortable working in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong analytical skills and are comfortable using data to guide your decision making
- You have deep knowledge in all aspects of content-driven SEO
- You are comfortable with documentation to define SEO strategies and technical SEO requirements
- Hands-on experience with SEO and web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Mode, Looker, Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Dragon Metrics, Screamingfrog and Deepcrawl
- Competitive salary, plus equity options in one of the world's fastest-growing companies.
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance.
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day.
- Free Yoga membership.
- Professional education allowance.
- Generous parental leave policy.
- Sponsored social clubs and team events.
- Fun and quirky celebrations.
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology companies and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for two years in a row. We ensure that the Canva workspace is setup for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, quiet places to retreat.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.