We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the group
The Content and Discovery super-group consists of 5 groups, 30+ teams and 200+ individuals who work together towards two common goals:
To bring every ingredient needed to create any design into Canva’s platform by working with a diverse range of template designers, illustrators, photographers and other content producers. This includes templates, photos, illustrations, videos, audio, graphics and more.
To surface this content strategically to maximise engagement in the Canva platform, and to surface this content selectively through Google to acquire new users searching for design and template solutions. This means building search and discovery features in the app, building SEO marketplaces and scaling these products internationally.
What you'll do
- Conduct keyword research and competitor analysis
- On-page optimisation (writing page titles, meta descriptions, h1's etc)
- Setting priorities based on data-driven decisions.
- Monitoring organic performance and addressing any technical issues with the WP developer and GM.
- Categorisation and optimisation.
- Managing a copywriter to increase unique, high quality copy on key pages.
- Providing purposeful SEO/CRO briefs to the copywriter.
- Content audits.
- Backlink audits.
- Technical audits.
- Uploading and organising content within WordPress.
- Running CRO experiments.
- Managing a team of outreachers
Skills and requirements
- 3-5 years experience in SEO and CRO, having worked with major websites as part of a team.
- Will work with the team hired in Spain and should be resident of Spain.
- Fluent in English.
- On-page SEO optimisation experience.
- Proven CRO experience.
- Very comfortable with setting up, actioning and reporting on CRO experiments.
- Highly competent using Wordpress.
- Highly competent using Optimizely.
- Has experience using GA, GSC, Hotjar and Optimizely.
- Able to interpret data and provide actionable insights
- Familiar with keywordtool.io
- Available to dedicate up to 40 hours per week.
- Excellent spelling and grammar (English)
- Outstanding communication skills - you will need to be in close contact with the Global team, providing regular updates on your progress.
- Happy to take on board feedback and direction.
- Team player
- (Bonus) Spanish or Portuguese speaker
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well established and fast-paced company, will start as a contract role but with the possibility of permanency for the right person.
Only those with solid SEO/CRO experience should apply.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undertake a short at-home challenge.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.