Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Group
Help and support, especially at scale, is a complex and exciting problem space. With a mission of “Every user empowered, every voice heard”, Canva’s User Voice super group is the critical interface to our most valuable partners, our users. We want to ensure that they have a flawless experience while using Canva products as we scale our way to support 1 billion users. Our teams are responsible for unlocking how we can deliver exceptional customer experience through streamlined and scalable systems, an optimized contact flow, expert support specialists, customer insights, plus tools to enable self-help such as our Help Center, Assistant and Chatbot.
About the Team
User Voice’s In-Product Help team design and build self-help experiences for millions of people using Canva around the world. This cross-specialty team works with leading-edge technologies to create highly visible, in-context, personalized help and educational experiences that are deeply integrated into Canva’s core product suite. This impactful team works closely with our content and machine learning teams to scale the capabilities for our users.
About the role and Content Design specialty
Content Design is on a mission to help our users fulfill their goals with clarity and joy.
We’re looking to achieve this by building an amazing Content Design team with a culture of clear and crisp writing. Our focus is on systems, not just sentences. We create and improve flows, not just the words. We seek to have a deep impact on key areas, not just shallow impact everywhere.
Content Design is a small and growing part of our Design specialty. Canva sees content as a crucial part of its ongoing success – and we’re really focused on improving our content experience. We have a fun, human voice that we want to do a better job of getting across to our users, instead of, you know, “generic UX writing” voice.
We’re passionate about working together to create the future of Content Design at Canva; it’s not a top-down approach. Your opinion matters! You’ll also get lots of support from the diverse content team across the business. As soon as you arrive, we’ll be saying “Thank goodness you’re here!”
The content design specialty collaborates closely with PMs, Designers, Engineers and Design Researchers to identify solutions that prioritize our users’ needs.
As a Content Designer in the In-Product Help team, you’ll be working on the latest AI innovations in the customer service space. You’ll not only shape what our users experience but also how our teams approach modeling, labeling and storing content to accelerate how we can harness these new technologies.
Goals you’ll achieve
- Goal #1 Audit existing in product help experiences and suggest improvements
- Goal #2 Define tone & guidelines for in-product help experiences
- Goal #3 Work with the team to identify, test, and experiment on the biggest opportunities for in-product help content
- Goal #4 Create content patterns that scale in-context help in the Canva editor
- Goal #5 Collaborate with our Content Strategist to create a content strategy that underpins help and support at Canva
What you’ll do
- Content Design: You’ll use your writing skills and User Experience principles to craft UX copy that helps Canva users to collaborate without the headaches. You’ll also work with the rest of the Content Design team to solve problems we’re all facing, so we can continue to build a robust, thriving specialty.
- Results: Your frictionless and friendly copy isn’t just for show – it’ll move the needle on the metrics that matter at Canva.
- Collaboration: You’ll bring design, PMs, engineers and researchers together to find the best solutions for our users.
What we're looking for
- You’re a mid to senior Content Designer who’s got a proven track record of solving complex problems, ideally in the tech/SaaS industry. This means you have at least 2-5 years of content design or UX writing experience.
- You’re excited about what AI can bring to the table in the world of content design and are to learn the roles by working closely with our machine learning engineers to fine-tune how we create, structure and store our content.
- You have incredible UX writing skills and an impressive content design portfolio, and are a stickler for brand voice, consistency and style.
- You’re interested in coaching other content designers.
- You know how to work independently, but you also love collaborating with people from different disciplines and sharing the power of content design.
- You’ve got a good balance between big-picture thinking and nailing the details.
- You’re not afraid of complex problems – in fact, that’s where you thrive.
- You know how to get buy-in from key stakeholders. You’ve got a track record of bringing people on the journey with you – they know what’s changing and why.
- You like to move quickly, and aren’t afraid of fast growth and rapid change. Canva is growing faster than you can imagine – which means solutions that worked 6 months ago might break. You’re up for that challenge.
- You know how to prioritize ruthlessly and handle responsibilities for a wide number of projects – focusing your attention on the areas that matter most.
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina
tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.