Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company.
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Our engineering team's tag-line: “We fail fast” - Dynamic processes, implementing new ideas, trying, failing, and improving rapidly. The world of tech is ever-evolving, and so are we.
In this role, you'll collaborate closely with our Frontend and Machine Learning Teams to solve complex system engineering problems and deliver a delightful experience to our users.
- Help us evolve designify.com and Product Photos over 2023 and beyond.
- Contribute to the evolving backend tech stack as part of a highly functional and passionate team.
- Work in close collaboration with the AI/ML and Frontend teams in Australia and Austria to deliver cutting-edge functionality.
- Write and test high-quality, reliable code in Java.
- Lead and deliver medium-sized projects in an autonomous way.
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns.
- Commercial experience developing complex web applications in Java.
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Infrastructure and services such as EC2, ECS, and Terraform.
- Experience in designing and working with distributed systems that need to scale and be robust to sustain heavy traffic.
- Know-How of tooling and concepts behind CI/CD.
- Work in one of the fastest-growing visual AI startups in Austria surrounded by like-minded people. Our visual AI products are industry-leading solutions that are easing the life of more than 25 million people globally every month.
- Be a part of the Canva family. Our collaboration with teams around the globe supercharges our work to empower the world to design. Canva’s success story is unique - and you benefit from it by participating in the company stock option program.
- Join an international team in Vienna (more than 65 people from 25 nationalities) and collaborate with lots of smart, like-minded people who love to ship quickly and you get to know the space of visual AI. Watch this video to learn more about our engineering organization - a tech talk given by your future coach/manager at Kaleido.
- You will have a flexible work schedule of 38.5h/week and a no-all-in contract. Work remotely, from our office located in Vienna's 3rd district, or mix-and-match. We can easily find an option that works best for you and Kaleido.
- We care about our employees and we believe mental health should be a priority, just like taking care of our bodies and staying in shape. We provide mental health support through an online platform specialized in professional counseling.
- Your lunch and your commute with Wiener Linien are on us. You can also find unlimited snacks, coffee, and beverages in our office.
- You receive a yearly allowance for professional education & personal well-being as well as additional leave days for volunteering.
- We organize regular (international) events at the company & team levels to foster team bonding.
We are required by law to state the minimum salary for this position, which is at least EUR 55,000 gross per year. We pay competitive salaries - depending on your qualifications and experience - and you also get to participate in the company’s stock option program.
We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Join us and design your future.