We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the role
There are few tech companies scaling as quickly as Canva globally, which means we are investing heavily in scaling our Engineering team. In order to do this in a data informed way, ensuring product priorities are staffed and team structures are healthy, we are looking for an Resourcing Analyst to be the important bridge between Engineering teams, TA, People Operations and People Partners. This role will collaborate across these teams to ensure we’re making the best long-term hiring decisions for Engineering at Canva, diverse and unbiased points of view are included in our interview processes and our hiring teams are supported with data views on our resourcing decision pipeline.
- Design an approach to enable effective resourcing decision making and communication in collaboration with TA, People Operations, People Partners and Engineering Leads
- Help align resourcing needs against business priorities and hiring plans to ensure product goals are met
- Lead our mediator program, candidate fit process, decision meetings and resource allocation meetings
- Leverage our internal tech ecosystem, including Workday, Jira and Lever to create reporting dashboards to inform timely resource allocation and prioritisation decisions.
- Work with People Partners and group leadership to develop strategic workforce plans for the business.
- Ensure tracking of hired candidates, including graduate, interns and internal transfers in partnership with People Operations to maintain the health and balance of engineering teams
- Collaborate effectively with internal partners and provide supply/demand forecasting to prioritise requests and communication of changing needs
Who we’re looking for
- An organised problem solver with a passion for process innovation and data-driven decision making
- Experienced internal resourcing /workforce planner or with deep knowledge of recruiting, and interviewing
- Ability to be hands-on role in building structure, reporting and processes to improve hiring operational efficiency and visibility
- Can work alongside senior leaders to shape, drive, and support resourcing decisions
- A champion of diversity and inclusion
- Well developed analytical and problem-solving skills, leveraging BI tools
What you’ll bring to the role
- Experience in resource management, recruitment and/or operations
- Organised, detail oriented with excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to collaborate and consult with internal stakeholders and leaders
- Experience preparing, interpreting, and analysing data and reports to drive decisions
- Organised self-starter, with the ability to juggle priorities
- Understanding of engineering hiring is a big plus along with any experience working with workforce planning tools Lever, Workday and JIRA
The Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, and quiet places to retreat.
Want to experience Canva for yourself?
Check out what life is like at Canva on Instagram
Check out what our users are saying about us on Twitter
If you're seeking professional growth and enjoy working on large, distributed, cloud-based applications that delight our millions of individual and business users alike - then apply now to be considered for the position!
If you require visa sponsorship, you must ensure you have at least two (2) years of post-University commercial experience as a Software Engineer and meet the mandatory sponsorship requirements laid out by the Department of Home Affairs.
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.