We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for everyone on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 50 million active users across 100 different countries who have created more than 5 billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
What you'll do
Working as the lead business analyst for Data Management and Data Governance at Canva, you will play a key role in helping Canva understand and document our current practice of collecting, keeping, deleting, and using data securely, efficiently, and cost-effectively through the data lifecycle.
You will be providing business expertise and practical solution delivery experience to ensure that Canva matures our practices and all teams deliver quality data solutions that meet our governance standards.
You will have a passion for all things data and bring deep expertise in how organisations build efficient, safe and compliant data ecosystems. Your initial focus will be on documenting our end-to-end data ecosystem and management practices where you will become a key member of the Data Management capability responsible for maintaining the integrity of Canva’s overarching data architecture and designing, building and the ongoing management of Canva’s key data platforms to support our Data Governance goals.
To be set up for success in this role you will have a background in technical business analysis with experience of modern databases, knowledge of data warehouse design, connected data technologies and an understanding of SQL and data management. Key advantages include experience of building data views to support management information and business intelligence.
- Lead the analysis and documentation of data management systems and practices across Canva’s data ecosystem using process mapping and data modelling techniques, mapping creating key artefacts to map Canva’s data architecture and management practices
- Critically analyse the current state and identify opportunities for improvement, articulating those through clearly documented artefacts
- Complete detailed analysis to support the development of new approaches and best practices
- Maintain key artefacts that support data management and governance across Canva.
- Build processes to ensure we are able to meet any reporting requirements, both internal and external, related to data management and governance
- Work closely with the Data Governance practice and develop clear plans working with stakeholders to continually raise our governance and risk postures
- Lead analysis into key data functions and ensure requirements are clearly defined to ensure adherence to Data Governance and Data Management standards
- Determine and develop user requirements for systems in production, to ensure maximum usability
- Working with organisational leads, updating key policies and processes to ensure the continued improvement of data management through our distributed systems
- Work with internal and external stakeholders including engineers working on elements of the data ecosystem maintaining consistent and continuous effective communication to ensure alignment and delivery of outcomes
- Work with other key roles in the Privacy, Data, Data Governance and Engineering Leadership to support key initiatives in the data spaceEvaluate complex information from multiple sources, creating clear and articulate documentation that focuses on the truly business needs
- Determine and develop user requirements for systems in production, to ensure maximum usability and define acceptance criteria and perform testing where required.
The Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, and quiet places to retreat.
Want to experience Canva for yourself?
Check out what life is like at Canva on Instagram
Check out what our users are saying about us on Twitter
If you're seeking professional growth and enjoy working on large, distributed, cloud-based applications that delight our millions of individual and business users alike - then apply now to be considered for the position!
If you require visa sponsorship, you must ensure you have at least two (2) years of post-University commercial experience as a Software Engineer and meet the mandatory sponsorship requirements laid out by the Department of Home Affairs.
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.