Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Lifecycle Marketing Specialty
You’ll be part of the Lifecycle Marketing team focusing on the Education audience (think teachers, students, districts and higher education institutions). Your primary goal is to drive active monthly users, product/feature adoption and revenue among these audience groups, demonstrating our core Education product - Canva for Education, Canva for District, Canva for Campus as well as Canva Free and Canva Pro.
The Education lifecycle team’s programs are measured by their impact on metrics like MAU (monthly active user) and adoption of our core Education product offerings. Your role will contribute to crafting incremental uplifts in these metrics through lifecycle programs.
On a day-to-day basis, your primary goals as an Education Lifecycle Marketing Specialist are:
Flawless execution: build and launch automation programs which often contain complex logic
Provide genuine value: ensure our copy and creative is speaking to the needs of our Education users - you’ll need to become an expert in their goals and challenges
Executional efficiency: craft and implement messaging programs in the most efficient way possible, improving existing content wherever you can
Excellent communication: maintain positive relationships with stakeholders and consistently communicate, reporting progress, results, and roadblocks
What you'll do
- Partner with Education Lifecycle Lead, growth and content strategists to implement the messaging programs for onboarding, evergreen engagement, reactivation and product adoption
- Partner on a cross-channel content strategy to deliver value to Education users and keep them engaged over time
- Track and analyze key program metrics like engagement and conversion rates and optimize accordingly
- Report on cumulative impact to key business metrics and ongoing user engagement
- Effectively prioritise requests from stakeholders to ensure you’re always working on the most impactful initiatives
- Implement personalisation technologies to improve campaign relevancy at scale
- Work with creative specialists to improve visual impact of our communications, demonstrating Canva’s role in leading the visual economy .
- 2+ years of lifecycle / CRM / data-driven marketing experience
- Experience with enterprise level marketing automation system: Braze, Responsys, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo or similar
- Experience with business intelligence software such as Pentaho, Looker, Tableau, Mode or similar
- Experience optimising marketing funnels and producing email/mobile programs that drive conversions, for example: activation, repeated usage, feature and product adoption and sales meetings.
- Strong analytical and visual communication skills
- Ability to employ a creative, experimental, iterative mindset with the desire to test and learn quickly.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously. No task is too small or too big — you’re happy to do whatever the business and our customers need.
About the Team
We’re looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Specialist to deliver value to our Education users via email, push notification and in-app messages. Working in tandem with the Edu Lifecycle Marketing Lead and growth strategist who are responsible for the overall strategy, you will produce messaging flows that drive product adoption and frequency of use for Canva users in the education sector (teachers, administrators and students).
This role is highly cross-functional, and you’ll be working with stakeholders across the business, including: data analysts, product marketers, designers, copywriters, content strategists, and product growth specialists. Excellent project and stakeholder management skills are key in this role.
Canva’s Education audience is broad and complex. We’re on a mission to empower creativity and collaboration in every learner, and become the leading visual worksuite platform in every classroom globally.
We’re looking for someone who can produce messaging that appropriately engages many user types, drives stickiness, brand love and advocacy/virality.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.