We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
The Team & Role
We have several opportunities available for Senior TA Partners to support our Marketing, Product, Finance and Sales organisations, and to partner closely with key business supergroups on their overall hiring strategies. Talk to us about what area interests you the most!
Canva’s People team has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators in the world.
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Canva’s success - we’ve hired some of the best people from all over the world and it takes a curious, tenacious and creative Recruiter to make sure we’re always discovering talent that will take Canva into the future.
In this role, you'll develop meaningful relationships with stakeholders to understand Canva’s continually evolving organization. You'll develop creative recruiting strategies whilst focusing on global sourcing, diversity hiring, and innovative approaches to passive candidate engagement. You will be passionate about delivering an awesome candidate experience and act as the primary advocate for candidates leading them through the recruiting and interviewing process, connecting them to the magic of working at Canva. You'll partner closely with senior stakeholders to influence, guide and advise on hiring best practice, talent roadmap planning and be constantly evolving our hiring strategies to continue to scale and grow at pace.
What you'll do:
- Sourcing: You’ll be responsible for developing and executing on sourcing strategies that deliver the strongest results and make sure we’re bringing top talent into the business
- Full life-cycle recruiting: You’ll get to own the recruiting process from start to finish, sourcing, interviewing and hiring top talent
- Diversity strategies: We’re super proud of the diversity of thought we've built onto these teams, however, we've only just started. You'll continue to collaborate with the team to create diversity and inclusion plans for hiring
- Hire the best: Your focus will be on hiring quality candidates with agility and speed
- Partner with your hiring managers: You will work closely with your hiring managers to gain a deeper understanding of how each role fits into Canva, develop strategies to grow and build unique teams, and collaborate on the most efficient and impactful hiring processes.
- Obsess about candidate experience: At Canva we care deeply about our People. Our candidate experience isn’t anything different. You are well-spoken on the phone and articulate over emails. You can effectively share the Canva story, vision and culture and act as a brand ambassador
- Data-driven: You are always trying to improve our hiring process and you will think with a data-first approach
- Variety: We know that these days an experienced TA partner is looking for more than just filling roles, so rest assured they'll be plenty of project work for you to own and collaborate on that will impact the direct teams you're hiring for, and the wider Canva business.
What we look for:
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced recruitment role and have a successful track record of hiring top talent
- You value diversity and take pride in building a team that brings together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression
- You’re an independent, adaptable and highly motivated Recruiter who loves what you do. You’re able to get into the details and deliver quality results on time. You’re a wearer of many hats and can juggle multiple priorities at the same time
- You’re creative (and know that job adverts and LinkedIn are not the only channels of headhunting candidates). You love to research and understand that the art of sourcing is always evolving. You get stuck into various platforms, technology tools, social networks and databases to uncover the best talent in the world
- You have the aptitude to leverage our product, culture and mission of Canva to attract the right candidates
- Tact, diplomacy and professionalism are a way of life for you when you deal with various sensitive situations across the role
- Able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.