Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Product Growth Super Group
The Pro Growth Group is part of the wider Product Growth Super Group. Thewy are on a mission to Empower the world to enjoy the full value of Canva, this cross-functional, global org of 185+ passionate people, is made up of four groups: User Growth; Teams Growth, Pro Growth, and Revenue Platform.
The work Product Growth does spans from building exciting new growth-focused products & experiences, developing unique and creative growth loops and GTM tactics, launching 100s of experiments each quarter, through to building the global payments & subscriptions infrastructure that allows our 100M+ monthly users worldwide to access our premium products.
About the Pro Growth Group
This Group is responsible for supercharging the growth of Canva's most significant revenue contributor - Canva Pro with 11 million+ subscribers. We own the strategy and roadmap to empower anyone to experience the full value of Canva Pro, be it through seamless upgrade flows, localised subscription offerings or personalised onboarding experiences. We do everything from conducting research & analysis to accelerate monetisation internationally to introducing users to new Pro features and enabling existing subscribers to make the most of their subscription.
What you’ll do (Responsibilities)
As a Technical Engineering Lead, you’ll be responsible for leading motivated engineers that build, and run experiments and A/B tests across different parts of our application. You’ll also be accountable for productizing successful experiments, as well as developing tools and frameworks that help our teams to create experiments rapidly and reliably.
You would be working in cross-functional teams with UI/UX designers, content designers, product managers, and engineers (including QA and data analyst) and are encouraged to fully participate in conceptualisation and strategy to help find the best ways to grow critical company metrics. As we operate across different parts of our application, you should have crucial soft skills to resolve technical constructive discussions with other teams and code owners.
- Previously built high-performing and collaborative teams where everyone is able to share their best ideas and be their best selves
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer - in tune with software engineering fundamentals and first principles; comfortable contributing to design documents and performing thorough code reviews
- Exceptional customer focus and able to collaborate with Product and Design collaborators on defining use cases and requirements
- Measurement-oriented, and have experimentation mentality
- Ready to jump and contribute to an uncharted territory where roles and challenges are not well defined
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina
tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.