Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
Since launch in August 2013, Canva has grown exponentially, amassing over 40 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
As Canva’s reach continues to skyrocket, we aim to make Canva the go-to place for all design needs. This involves providing our millions of users with the best design and copy.
About the role
To support this goal, we are looking for someone to manage our growing team of copy specialists. A Senior Copy Lead’s mission will be to empower this team to do their best work through strategic, people-focused decisions.
This is a rare opportunity for senior copy editors looking to manage and grow their own creative teams.
What you’ll do...
- You’ll nurture the Template Copy Team’s mission and vision, direct goals, and empower the team to deliver them by building a strong culture of collaboration and feedback
- You’ll collaborate with leads to build roadmaps and plans to achieve the team’s professional and personal goals while helping the business achieve Canva’s goals through effective leadership and communication
- You’ll oversee the team structure and provide input on the growth and hiring strategy for the team
- You’ll look after the performance of team members and identify unique opportunities for their growth and personal development
- You’ll liaise with key stakeholders in the business to ensure that the team is well-represented in high-level discussions and decision-making
- You’ll ensure a high quality of creative output across the Templates’ product verticals that require content strategy and copywriting
- You’ll champion and celebrate the impact of the Template Copy Team across Canva and beyond
What we’re looking for someone...
- With 3+ years of experience in an Editorial or Leadership role with a creative studio, agency or publishing company
- Who has successfully managed one or more creative teams, with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- With a high level of craft and is comfortable in different media, formats, and projects
- With the ability to communicate well and is able to share their knowledge to a growing copywriting team
- Who can represent Canva and our values to the PH creative community
- Who is comfortable with making detailed strategies and plans that can be executed
- Who loves building relationships that lead to business growth, high team engagement, and success
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.