Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Vibe team
Sitting within Canva's People Group, the Vibe team’s mission is to make Canva the most inspiring, engaged and productive workplace in the world.
The Vibe team plays a key role in creating and maintaining the type of workplace that we all love coming to, where every single person has opportunities to grow and develop their skills, is able to do their best work and make an impact, every day.
This role sits in the Melbourne Vibe Team, within the Vibe Group at Canva. Our Melbourne Vibe team specifically looks after the upkeep and maintenance of the Melbourne Campus, and the experience of Canvanauts there, whether it be office set up and operations, guest services, events & activations, swag, internal content & comms, plus all sorts of community engagement activities.
About the Role
The Office Coordinator will support the Melbourne Vibe Lead, helping to curate a warm and welcoming environment at our brand-new Melbourne Campus, empowering Canvanauts to do the best work of their lives.
This role will be essential to the success of the Melbourne Campus as you'll operate across all Vibe specialities (Guest Services, Hospitality, Events, Ground Control and Facilities) to ensure the smooth delivery and consistent office standards in line with our other global locations.
Office Facilities and Spaces
- Meeting room, specialty spaces organization and management
- Storage facilities management
- Merchandise and Stationery Cabinets management; inventory management and stocking
- Manage coffee and bar facilities
- Kitchenette stock management and ordering
- Wayfinding and space navigation signage
- Assist with Office Swag Stock & Inventory
- Assist with maintenance requests and coordinate with contractors
- Manage local facilities
Guest Services [shared responsibility]
- Guest sign in and first impression experience
- Assist with the new hire and visitors experience, including running office orientation tours.
- Help curate the office physical reception operations & design, as we scale.
- Ensure all mail & delivered are collected and stored
- Assist with couriering needs for the Vibe Team
Events Set Up
- Support our events by setting up each space as needed to create an engaging event for our people.
- Bump in and bump out events in specialty spaces around the office
- Assist with delivery and pick up of event decorations and tech equipment
- Be a standby onsite support for basic office technology
- Standby support for event tech
- Assist in coordinating tech support for larger scale events
- Coordinate with Sydney Tech Experience team for asset management and distribution
What we're looking for
- The Office Coordinator will focus on delivering an amazing office experience to our Melbourne Canvanauts.
- Be an ambassador for Canva’s culture in bringing good vibes to the Canva team and evangelising Canva Vibe.
- Ability to pivot quickly and be flexible to change
- Highly equipped with verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate versatility in setting priorities, plan and organize tasks
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through with incoming tasks and jobs
- A problem solver, willing to look at processes from outside the box and constantly looking for ways to innovate and streamline processes as we scale.
- You will have a hospitality and customer service mindset - with a desire to host, build relationships, create beautiful environments and experiences for your guests.
- You are collaborative - This role involves working with numerous teams to provide support in different areas all across the offices and as such requires high levels of communication and the ability to work cohesively as a team.
- Prioritization comes naturally to you. You can see what needs to be done and weigh what is ultimately most important at that moment.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey. Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.