Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group
FP&A is an incredibly powerful function and it’s no different at Canva!
As we continue to grow at scale we need to make sure that everyone is investing mindfully in the strategies and goals that are going to drive the most growth and have the biggest impact.
Working closely with Business Leaders, our CFO and Investor Relations we help the company predict, track, report (and smash) their goals.
At Canva we have three core Foundational Goals linked to Active Users, Annualised Revenue and Profitability; and our FP&A team is organised in a similar way. This programmatic approach to FP&A helps support our people in a way they understand and means we are all working towards the same overarching goals.
To do that our FP&A team performs the following core pieces of work:
- Develops robust plans up front
- Understand how execution maps to strategies and how those strategies map to financial plans
- Track and report against performance against goals at the company & strategic level
- Help our people understand how they contribute to the success of our business
- Hold people accountable to performance against their goals (and therefore our company performance)
- Help teams take action in a strategically aligned way when things don’t go according to plan
About the role
As the Head of Revenue FP&A you will be responsible for leading a highly motivated team of finance partners that support our revenue focussed teams. You will form trusted relationships with key leaders across all our revenue programs at Canva and provide strategic decision support as you help drive the company towards our Revenue goals.
You will be the FP&A program lead across all our revenue streams at Canva and will play a key role in assisting with the forecasting, tracking and reporting of revenue performance as well as providing critical strategic and commercial support to all our key Leaders.
Your role will give you exposure to the company financial plans, bringing these to life around the business and assisting our leaders in tracking and reporting performance against our Revenue goals across Canva Pro, Canva Teams and Canva Print.
Due to our programmatic approach to FP&A you will also have exposure to our Pricing and Product Growth teams that play an integral part in the Revenue teams achieving their ambitious goals. You will also form a close working relationship with the FP&A Leads of our User and Profitability programs, understanding the user journey all the way from acquisition to free to paid and being connected to our overarching product vision.
What you'll do
- You will be the key bridge between FP&A and the Finance Business Partners supporting the Revenue org at Canva
- You will provide decision support to multiple stakeholders (including the Head of Revenue) to drive strategic alignment and make sure our performance can be understood against the strategies we are pursuing as a business.
- You will deliver smart analysis to decision-makers to assist up front and provide that connection to finance to monitor the effects at the back end on our Foundational Goals.
- You will drive action to maintain trajectory against our goals ensuring action is strategically aligned
- You will drive the annual planning process for revenue at Canva
- You will have a strong coaching relationship with the Revenue Finance Partners in a way that fosters strategic and critical thinking being applied when financial decisions are being made
What we're looking for
- Somebody with experience leading FP&A teams
- Somebody with experience of forecasting and analysis of Revenue performance
- Somebody with great interpersonal skills who can form meaningful relationships based on transparency, dependability and trust
- Somebody with a clear understanding of their leadership style and experience in motivating and leading teams
- Somebody who is happy operating in an environment that constantly challenges us to move from chaos to clarity
At Canva we value fairness, and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation whilst ensuring internal equity within the team in each region. We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience and our overall assessment of what we observed and learnt in the hiring process. The target salary range for this position is 169,000 to 259,000. When calculating offers, we make salary decisions based on market data and candidates' skills and experience.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• Equity packages truly be a part of the Canva journey 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you, with your future
•Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.