We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Role
The Pages Platform team creates and provides tools that enable Canvanauts to build great landing pages without sweating. Our tools help with many disciplines involved in developing great pages, such as accessibility, content, data, experimentation, localisation, monitoring, SEO, performance, and more..
We are looking for a talented java software engineer with systems and infrastructure knowledge, who wants to be part of Canva story and deliver the next generation of automation and tooling.
- Provide engineers, content managers and growth leads the tools to delight our users
- Identify opportunities and improve the efficiency in the process of creating and maintaining web pages and content
- Collaborate with engineers, PMs and Growth managers to help remove roadblock
- Develop surveys and prototypes to gather relevant informationKeep your work aligned with real problems and strategic directions
- Drive goals, from inception to completion
- Improve our engineers’ local development experienceImprove our build and deployment systems, making them faster, safer and more reliable
- Improve our systems’ observability, to make sure that we detect any problems before the users. This includes building appropriate monitoring and responding to incidents for the components that you own (we take responsibility and pride in delivering a great user experience)
- Propose large-scale changes through well-written specificationsParticipate in design and code reviews
- Strong computer science and software engineering skills (e.g. concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Experience developing complex web applications using Java OR Typescript
- Great understanding of CI/CD systems
- Experience working on
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, networking and web
- Be curious and have desire to learn new technologies
- Previous experience with Bazel or Webpack is appreciated
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Gym and yoga facilities onsite
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided and visa application fees covered
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.