At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a part of the project and design your future.
Canva’s SEO is world-class, and we’re looking for a passionate SEO Specialist to join the International SEO team to help scale our next phase of growth in the Arabic Market! You must be a native Arabic speaker, however, this role can be based in UK, France, Italy, Germany, Austria or Czech Republic. This is a 6-month project, 20 hours per week.
As a Country Lead for the Arabic Market (Egypt/UAE/Saudi Arabia), you’ll be supported by a mini-team, consisting of a Content Specialist and Link Builder. You'll be part of the exceptionally friendly and supportive EMEA SEO and Localisation team to help achieve our ambitious growth targets! You will be responsible for leading all aspects of SEO (technical/content/link building) across ar_AR pages on canva.com. You'll have access to a range of the best enterprise-level third-party tools, as well as several platforms and products we have built in-house that help us to world-class SEO. A large part of this will involve leading the localisation of new pages in the English section of the site and ensuring they are well-optimised for their target keywords. You will also be expected to maintain a high standard of 'technical hygiene' across your locale, as well as provide guidance to the Arabic link builder around the most important pages to build links to, and what strategies are likely to be successful.
We're looking for someone who will thrive and adapt in a hyper-growth environment, and be confident in making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data and experience. You'll have a curiosity for problem-solving, identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements!
About the opportunity
- You'll become an expert in the search landscape for relevant niches within the Arabic market (photo editor, video editor, print, whiteboards, and more) and develop a good all-around knowledge of competitors and areas of opportunity.
- You'll build your backlog of tasks to complete each season, considering opportunities to localise new English pages, optimise existing Arabic pages, and launch Arabic-specific 'bespoke' pages, and prioritising the work based on expected impact and effort
- You'll work with the Content Specialist and localisation team to produce or translate the required content for the pages, then build and launch the pages in the Canva CMS
- You'll guide the Link Builder in the Arabic market to define the target pages for link-building campaigns, and support them to find new tactics and improve existing tactics
- You'll use our third-party tools to monitor the site for technical hygiene (broken links, redirect chains etc), and make fixes as required
- You'll report on wins and opportunities for improvement within the Arabic market
- You are a native-Arabic speaker with business-level English.
- You are someone who can demonstrate successful outcomes from previous SEO projects you have led on large websites (500 pages or more)
- You have a good understanding of each of the three 'pillars' of SEO: content, technical and link building, and how they work together
- You can build a vision for delivering exceptionally high growth in the Arabic market and work independently to execute the necessary tasks to achieve that vision, solving your own problems where possible along the way
- We're a large team that relies on tried-and-tested processes to execute tasks quickly and efficiently. As such, you will possess a high attention to detail and have the ability to closely follow detailed written instructions.
- You have excellent analytical skills and are comfortable using data to guide your decision making
- Finally, you have hands-on experience with SEO and web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Mode, Looker, Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Dragon Metrics, Screaming frog and Deepcrawl
About the team
The international SEO team is responsible for improving SEO performance of logged-out pages across the Canva website. Our mission in SEO is to empower every user in the world to discover Canva.
We make decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.