We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 30 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of.
The role and team
Are you a passionate Senior SEO specialist who loves to think big and scale growth? If so, this is the perfect role for you!
Canva’s SEO is world class, and we’re looking for a talented Senior SEO specialist to join the core SEO team to help scale our next phase of international growth.
As a Senior SEO specialist, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to Canva’s global SEO strategy from ideation to execution. You’ll be working closely with a team of local SEO specialists and cross-functional product teams in rallying towards ambitious growth goals.
You’ll thrive and adapt in a fast-paced environment, and you’re confident in making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data and experience. You have a knack for problem-solving, identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements.
What you'll do:
- Own the creation and prioritisation of the international SEO roadmap, as well as seeking alignment and buy-in with internal stakeholders
- Manage and guide a team of local SEO and outreach specialists across our key priority markets
- Work closely with PMs, localisation specialists, engineers and data analysts to drive international SEO projects from planning, execution through to analysis and reporting
- Set clear international SEO goals, KPIs and requirements to define and measure what success looks like
- Educate and evangelize international SEO so everyone is across international SEO best practices across the business
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and algorithms changes to inform SEO strategies and tactics, and identify new growth opportunties
- Scale and grow the local SEO and outreach team as needed
- Scale and improve existing workflows and processes, with a focus on automation and efficiency
What we're looking for:
- A candidate with 5+ years of in-house or agency experience with a proven track record of growing SEO, bonus if you’ve worked on multilingual sites
- A natural leader and communicator, with strong experience managing an SEO team
- A deep understanding of search across all international markets, social networks and SAAS products driven by SEO
- A well-rounded SEO that is comfortable working in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong analytical skills and are comfortable using data to guide your decision making
- You have deep knowledge in all aspects of SEO from content strategies to technical audits
- You are comfortable with documentation to define SEO strategies and technical SEO requirements
- Hands-on experience with SEO and web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Mode, Looker, Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Dragon Metrics, Screamingfrog and Deepcrawl
- Bonus if you are bilingual or multilingual
- Competitive salary, plus equity options in one of the world's fastest growing companies.
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance.
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day.
- Free Yoga membership.
- Professional education allowance.
- Generous parental leave policy.
- Sponsored social clubs and team events.
- Fun and quirky celebrations.
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology companies and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for two years in a row. We ensure that the Canva workspace is setup for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, quiet places to retreat.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.