Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team:
Canva IT group manages relationships with internal customers (Canva Specialities) and oversees the complex series of technologies that support Canva’s business operations. To help us fuel our future growth, we need to better understand our operations data - this is where we need your help.
You have a passion for data and analytics and you're ready to make an impact. You will be working closely with a broad range of IT & business stakeholders helping them to specify, design, and deliver scalable data sets and analytic models for usage in reporting and visualisation tools. You work autonomously and thrive in a constantly changing environment. You’re not afraid to challenge the ‘status quo’ to improve the way data is managed and consumed across the Internal IT landscape. You’ll be working with a diverse team of data analytics engineers, systems specialists and data analysts who really do enjoy finding answers to the problems that the business and our users have. You'll bring a range of fresh perspectives and ideas on how we can achieve our goals more efficiently and empower the world to design.
- Lead the investigation and documentation of the Enterprise IT data landscape which includes the data inputs, storage and outputs, that are utilised to support the reporting and dashboarding requirements.
- Analyse existing enterprise data sets and source systems to determine the most appropriate data sources to feed the IT analytics and reporting outputs, including the identification and remediation of any data gaps, and quality of data setsOwning the definition, mapping, business rules, and transformations required to consolidate and conform the data into the target data models to be used for consumption by the IT analytic and reporting outputs.
- Lead the management and automation of data testing and monitoring in BAU data operations.
- Collaborate with analytics engineers to orchestrate the data analytics pipeline to maximise flexibility and access to data whilst maintaining a high level of data quality and governanceBuild a prioritisation framework and pipeline for data use cases in alignment with IT Group and business leads.
- Engage with IT stakeholders and SME's to understand the business requirements and design scalable data models and assist in specifying visualisation and reporting solutions.
- Strong background in data analysis, data management, data modelling (especially Kimball) and integration.
- Strong competency with SQL and experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery.
- Familiar with data facets and metrics used by Corporate IT services and internal domains and experience in building enterprise level service management reports.
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas.
- Experience using Looker, Amplitude, Tableau, PowerBI or similar BI/data visualisation tools.
- Comfortable working with stakeholders to build up accurate reports on their areas of the business.
- Experience in agile environments with familiarity in the Product owner role.
- Ability to work accurately and achieve operational goals under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Strong numerate and analytical skills and ability to undertake non-traditional analytical tasks.
- Manage and influence stakeholders.
- Demonstrated attention to detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.