Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Do you love data visualization, interactive content and modern web technologies? Are you a team player who likes solving difficult problems together? Do you want to join one of the UK’s most exciting tech start-ups and play a key role in developing an ambitious product with a global impact?
Flourish is the world’s leading data storytelling platform. It enables anyone to create beautiful graphics and interactive stories without coding. Since its launch in 2018, more than 1 million registered users have produced around 15 million graphics, which have racked up more than 30 billion views. Our customers range from leading newsrooms and corporations to NGOs, universities and government departments all over the world.
Our customers include leading newsrooms (such as BBC and FT), major corporates (such as Goldman Sachs and Moody’s), NGOs (Amnesty, Rockefeller) plus universities all over the world.
We’re looking for a Sales Executive to join the Canva Flourish team! As a Sales Executive, you’ll be responsible for driving sales, developing new relationships, and engaging with new customers. You’ll work with the team to identify customer needs, create tailored solutions, and close deals.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of sales experience, with a proven track record of success.
- Building relationships with potential customers
- Identifying customer needs and creating tailored solutions
- Negotiating contracts and closing deals
- Developing and executing a sales plan
- Meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Participating in team meetings and training
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments
- Proactive outreach and sales to big global brands
- Prepare and conduct pitches and presentations
- Conducting and organised sales process
- Systematically tracking every sales stage in our CRM system
- 2+ years of digital sales experience.
- Passion for media, web content and data.
- Proficient in prospecting and cold calling.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and digital content trends
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability to promote and sell to blue chip brands.
- A dynamic and sales-oriented professional, possess a persistent mindset and prove exceptional sales skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically. Another European language is a plus.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills. You’ll need to be organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently. You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
If you’re excited about the opportunity to join the Canva Flourish team and to help us drive sales, then we’d love to hear from you!
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Flexible hours and a hybrid working model which values work-life balance and gives you the option to choose how you best work
• Equity options to be truly a part of the Canva journey Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development
• Our very own Canva University, internal coaching and Employee Assistance Programs to help you be your best self
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance for you to spend as you choose on personal education, wellbeing, home office and social connection. You know better than anyone how to Vibe & Thrive!
• Virtual and in-office clubs, events and celebrations for you to connect with your teammates
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in
• Support for family and carers including a parental leave policy that prioritises inclusivity recognises the diverse representations of modern families
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.