Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the People Operations Team
At the heart of what makes our people experience world-class and seamless are the strong executors that take pride in their craft and in delivering friction-free employee experiences. Across the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding all the way to offboarding and everything in between, we fuel Canva's hypergrowth by delivering seamless, scalable, and delightful employee experiences.
About the People Central Team
The People Central team sits at the core of the employee lifecycle, responsible for onboarding, offboarding, and managing all queries that flow through our service desk. As the first point of contact for all People team requests and inquiries, People Central is naturally the largest team in People Ops and specialises in high volume tasks that require efficiency & precision, delivering outstanding customer service, and keeping systems and data accurate.
Within People Central, the Onboarding squad works closely with our recruitment and internal teams to facilitate a seamless onboarding experience and is currently onboarding many new hires each month. The Helpdesk squad is responsible for managing our ticketing channels, which includes triaging, resolving, or escalating cases. Lastly, the Offboarding squad manages departures across Canva.
About the role
The HR Training and Enablement Lead is responsible for ensuring operational excellence within the People Central team and will set the strategic direction of onboarding, knowledge sharing, change and documentation management, and ensuring delivery against defined quality standards. This is a new function that is critical for enabling the growth of our team globally, as we scale up our operations as the engine that powers the entire People team.
By delivering a delightful customer experience, with a high degree of consistency and reliability, we’re constantly working towards unlocking greater strategic capacity in the People team. This team plays a pivotal role in enabling the continuous expansion of the breadth (new markets and geos) and depth of services (new capabilities) we deliver.
This is a 12 months Fixed Term Contract.
We're open to remote expressions of interest across Australia.
What you'll do
- Manage all aspects of People Ops new hire and onboarding and continuous training programs
- Implement a knowledge management framework to ensure that all key people processes are mapped, documented, and maintained
- Define our service expectations and promote delightful customer experiences through proactive upskilling and on-the-job learning.
- Responsible for compliance and quality checks, and working closely with each squad to ensure that SLAs and quality standards are consistently met.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve business outcomes, drive efficiencies and deliver a best in class customer experience.
- Champion the voice for our customers, reporting and acting on customer satisfaction data with a focus on timely and quality resolution.
- Developing resources and structured programs that promote growth pathways, coaching, job rotations, and stretch assignments.
- Foster a high-performance, people-first team culture by pursuing excellence, empowering others, and being a force for good.
What we're looking for
- Extensive global experience in SLA-driven HR shared services team.
- Strong capabilities in using data to drive business insights.
- Experience in training content development and delivery.
- Evaluate, select, and implement learning technologies and techniques to effectively upskill the team/s.
- Familiar with best-in-class onboarding, offboarding, helpdesk and/or self-service practices
- Experience working with an HRIS like Workday (or similar)
- Comfortable working in high-ambiguity situations and creating concrete solutions that achieve time-sensitive goals
- Confident and calm under pressure, able to quickly adapt within a changing environment
Please note as this is a fixed term contract, there will be no equity packages or Vibe and Thrive allowance available.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.