We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.
About the Revenue Platform Group
The Revenue Platform Group is deeply rooted within the Businesses and Education Super-Group. Owning the strategy and roadmap for enabling everyone, across the planet, to access the paid features of Canva, be this through a subscription or a one off transaction. No two countries are the same, it is our job to understand, evaluate and prioritise what works best and for who. We do everything from building out complex new payment integrations to enabling other Canva groups to achieve their goals and monetise their features.
- Product manage and lead the Payments Integration team(s) by setting crazy big goals and regularly hitting them.
- Collaborate with your group lead(s) to develop and own the mission, strategy and goals.
- Be an internal subject matter expert on our payments services.
- Coordinate a passionate, cross-functional team of engineers, marketers, designers and finance/legal to execute this roadmap delivering value to our millions of users.
- Collaborate with peers throughout Canva to shape and drive the highest impact monetisation roadmap for Canva across all our products.
- Build out our services to scale with Canva’s continued growth
- Our ideal Product Manager has led technical products at scale, has great attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, and is equally excited about 99.9999% reliability and financial correctness as well as beautiful UX and API design.
- You thrive in a collaborative fast-paced environment, working together to figure out the best experience for the user and how to impact the business. Continually learning and adapting, you strive to grow yourself and those around you. Living and breathing all things money, you make data-informed, strategic decisions and deliver on them to lead your team to great results.
What you'll achieve in your first 3-6 months...
- PM responsibilities of the Payments Platform team - Ramp up on all things revenue & become an internal subject matter expert on payments
- Internationalisation of payments - Build out the localisation roadmap ensuring a truly local payments experience for our users with specific focus on enabling local currencies & pricing
- Flexible invoicing solutions - work with group stakeholders to develop a roadmap to provide flexible invoicing solutions for the full spectrum of Canva users own relationships with 3rd party providers/gateways and manage the prioritisation, integrating and go to market for new partnerships
You'll love this role if...
- You love SaaS growth challenges and diving into metrics, ideally with experience within the financial space.
- You’re a natural communicator – can speak the language of engineering, data, design, operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- Can effectively communicate with partners in business and make technical calls.
- You love data (both qualitative and quantitative) and can turn insights into actions.
- You pride yourself on being an owner and getting projects from idea to live.
- You thrive on being in the middle of a cross-functional team, coordinating the roadmap and getting results.
- You love experimentation and AB testing.
- You consider yourself a strong all-rounder; data, strategy, product mock-ups - whatever it is, you can comfortably wear the hat.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.