Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
The Role & Team
Canva’s SEO is world class, and we’re looking for a dedicated SEO specialist to join the core SEO team to help scale our next phase of product-led growth!
As an SEO specialist, you’ll have the opportunity to be an integral part of Canva’s global SEO strategy from start to scale. You’ll be working closely alongside team of SEO specialists across English and localised markets, as well as cross-functional product teams in rallying towards daring growth goals.
You’ll thrive and adapt in a hyper-growth environment, and you’re confident making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data and experience. You have a curiosity for problem-solving, identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements.
What you'll do:
- Own SEO growth across SEO Platforms within Canva, as well as seeking alignment and buy-in with internal stakeholders
- Work closely with PMs, engineers, designers, other SEOs, and data analysts to drive Platform SEO from planning, execution through to analysis and reporting
- Set clear SEO goals, KPIs and requirements to define and measure what success looks like
- Educate and evangelize your SEO strategies and plans so everyone is across best practices across the business
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and algorithms changes to inform SEO strategies and tactics, and identify new growth opportunities
- Scale and improve existing workflows and processes, with a focus on automation and efficiency
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of in-house or agency experience with a proven track record of growing Product SEO
- SEO strategies you have developed & executed have been the primary driver of growth within the business
- A deep understanding of search across all international markets, social networks and SAAS products driven by SEO
- A well-rounded SEO that is comfortable working in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong analytical skills and are comfortable using data to guide your decision making
- You have deep knowledge in all aspects of SEO from content strategies to technical audits
- You are comfortable with documentation to define SEO strategies and technical SEO requirements
- Hands-on experience with SEO and web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Mode, Looker, Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Dragon Metrics, Screamingfrog and Deepcrawl
- Bonus if you can demonstrate clear growth outcomes from any vertical or market category focused SEO strategies
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.