We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the group and team
The Revenue Platform Group is deeply rooted within the Businesses and Education Super-Group. Owning the strategy and roadmap for enabling everyone, across the planet, to access the paid features of Canva, be this through a subscription or a one off transaction.
No two countries are the same, it is our job to understand, evaluate and prioritise what works best and for who. We do everything from building out complex new payment integrations to enabling other Canva groups to achieve their goals and monetise their features. The Disputes and Fraud teams at Canva is deeply rooted within the Revenue Platform group.
With an overarching mission to “Ensure Canva’s reputation and revenue are safeguarded with disputes & fraud management tools” the team owns the strategy and roadmap to achieve this.
About the candidate
To be successful in this role and team you’ll need a growth mindset, and the ability to dig into the detail as well as zoom out to the big picture. You’ll collaborate with your team to identify big impact opportunities & build solutions, processes & partnerships to solve for them. You’ll need to make data-informed, strategic decisions and deliver on them to lead your team to great results.
Our ideal candidate has worked with financial/ payments products at scale, has great attention to detail, and concisely communicates complex concepts. You have previously coached/managed a team with similar responsibilities.
You thrive in a collaborative fast-paced environment, working together to figure out the best experience for the user and how to impact the business. Continually learning and adapting, you strive to grow yourself and those around you. Living and breathing all things disputes and fraud, you make data-informed, strategic decisions and deliver on them to lead your team to great results.
- Product manage and lead the Disputes & Fraud team(s), by setting crazy big goals and regularly hitting them.
- Collaborate with your group lead(s) to develop and own the mission, strategy and goals for the team
- Coordinate a passionate, cross-functional team of dispute/fraud specialists, product managers, designers and finance/legal to execute a high impact disputes & fraud mitigation roadmap
- Coach 4 dispute & fraud specialists
- Be a subject matter expert on our disputes and fraud landscape
- Introduce and scale the team to relevant KPIs
- Build out processes to scale with Canva’s continued growth
What the candidate will achieve in the first 3-6 months
- Onboarding - Ramp up on all things revenue & become an internal subject matter expert on disputes & fraud
- Coaching responsibilities of the Dispute and Fraud team - directly coaching a team of 4 specialists
- Mission Strategy & Roadmap: Identify key risks, problem spaces & opportunities and use these to shape a strong mission and strategy for the team.
- Develop a roadmap of high-impact initiatives for 2022 & work with teams across revenue platform to execute.
- Process Review - review existing processes and implement new ones to help create efficiency & ensure regulatory compliance
- Reporting - build out key performance metrics for disputes & fraud and develop reporting to create visibility across the group
You’ll love this role if
- You love SaaS growth challenges and diving into metrics, ideally with experience within the financial space
- You’re a natural communicator – can speak the language of engineering, data, design, operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- You are a passionate leader, who loves to grow and develop those around you
- You love data (both qualitative and quantitative) and can turn insights into actions
- You pride yourself on being an owner and getting projects done
- You thrive on being in the middle of a cross-functional team, coordinating the roadmap and getting results
- You consider yourself a strong all-rounder; data, strategy - whatever it is, you can comfortably wear the hat
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.