Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Group
At Canva, we empower the world to design. People only create in places they trust, and the Trust & Safety (T&S) Group vision is that Canva is the world’s most trusted platform for safe design. In our mission to safeguard our community, we work with a lot of efforts to prevent and mitigate incidents that could compromise the trust people have in Canva, from adult content to child abuse material, misinformation to hate speech, phishing, spam, bots, account takeovers, and other abuse vectors.
Abusive content and behaviour is not only directly against our values, it hurts our business as well. We create crucial detection, review, and moderation services to understand and address Canva’s complex and changing world. Some of the biggest changes we need to address are the continuously growing international user base, content and usage types, new features, regulatory requirements, and evolving abuse vectors.
About the role
The position requires efficient review skills, experience in Trust & Safety (T&S) / abuse mitigation operations, high attention to detail, and the ability to problem solve and give feedback to continue improving our T&S policies and tools. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about maintaining high standards in content review, moderation, and process knowledge.
What you’ll do...
- Implement Trust & Safety Policy, including Content Moderation, handling incidents, escalations, appeals, and quality assurance for outsourced staff.
- Refine T&S Content Moderation enforcement guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOP) to improve impact, such as in efficient task handling.
- Operate and refine moderation systems and processes, working in close collaboration with T&S engineering as their primary user
- Collaborate with your team and others to thrive towards operational excellence to ensure Canva is the most trusted company for safe design.
- Ensure Canva’s values and policies are consistently applied in the moderation of user-generated content, Canva’s content library.
- Build a deep understanding of the current content moderation process and other T&S challenges by working with Product and T&S leaders to understand existing issues and escalation points.
- Be an escalation point for all T&S incidents, appeals, and investigations including user and government reports.
- Collaborate with other content review and customer engagement teams to share strategies and standard processes, and minimise duplication.
- Develop thinking and analyzing of moderation decisions through multiple lenses and understanding the ambiguity and nuances of guidelines.
You will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes.
- We are looking for an analyst who will help us ensure that content made with Canva is safe by applying and improving our T&S standards and enforcement processes. We’d love to see:
- Proven experience in content moderation, content inspection, abuse management, or review, having an understanding of guidelines, enforcement and operations.
- Passion for defending users from harassment, misinformation, inauthentic behaviour, platform abuse and other abuse vectors.
- Experience crafting and/or implementing T&S or moderation enforcement guidelines, with the ability to not only contribute operational best practices, but support a culture of continuous improvement
- An innovator who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get into the weeds.
- Ability to proactively unblock others with an improvement-focused approach.
- Highly collaborative and effective with the ability to lead by example, and contribute through sensible, thoughtful communication and execution.
- Empower teammates to contribute and collaborate based on insights gathered from the front lines of content decision making.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.