Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers, and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
About the Trust & Safety team
At Canva, we empower the world to design. People only create in places they trust; Trust and Safety (T&S) are an important part of the brand promise that we make to our customers, so making sure that we uphold this promise is a key part of our product and services. In our mission to safeguard our community, we work to prevent and mitigate incidents that could compromise the trust people have in Canva, from adult content to child abuse material, misinformation to hate speech, phishing, spam, bots, account takeovers, and other abuse vectors.
The User Trust team works to ensure every Canva account is safe and authentic, by providing tools and support to empower Canva and our users to protect their accounts from abuse. Abusive behaviour is not only directly against our values, it hurts our business as well. We create crucial detection services to understand and address inauthentic account behaviour in Canva’s complex and changing world. Some of the biggest changes we need to address are the continuously growing international user base, content and usage types, new features, regulatory requirements, and evolving abuse vectors.
As a solid Trust & Safety PM, you have well-developed skills in considering different frameworks, then applying them to product development of a safety platform that helps us maintain safe and trusted accounts for our users. This means that you will have to have a good analytical lens to complement collaboration with numerous internal partner teams and work streams, in order to achieve impact through their adoption of your solutions.
What you’ll do
- Develop and own the vision, strategy, and roadmap for User Trust, including account integrity, user reports, notifications, and appeals
- Identify requirements, collaborating with cross-functional teams including T&S engineering, content moderation, legal, policy, operations, education, and enterprise
- Plan out adoption timelines with consensus from internal teams, balancing their immediate needs to deliver impact with long-term sustainability and efficiency
- Explore all aspects of account safety functionality from every collaborator’s perspective to ensure testing and delivery against their needs
- Ensure Canva’s values and policies are consistently applied in the way we take action in preserving account safety, both against bad actors and user conflict
- Develop thinking and analysis of account risk management through multiple lenses, understanding the impacts and tradeoffs of different approaches.
- Communicate team achievements for visibility and understanding of the risks and impact we have
- Proven experience in account integrity, dealing with takeovers, bots, and other inauthentic behaviour; or in managing abuse, fraud, or similar risks.
- A passion for keeping people safe from account theft, attacks, and harassment by bots and other inauthentic behaviour, and platform abuse.
- The ability to speak the language of engineering, data, design, and operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- A highly collaborative and effective ability to lead by example, and contribute through sensible, thoughtful communication and execution.
- Strengths in balancing long-term vision and strategy with timely delivery of outcomes that bring us closer to that vision.
- A data-driven approach, but comfortable moving forward even if we don’t have all the information available to us, balancing first-principles reasoning with the data that we do have at hand.
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina
tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.