Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers, and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
About the Developer Platform Group
The Developer Platform group at Canva is responsible for the tools, processes, and services that allow engineers to develop, test and deploy their code to production efficiently, safely, and securely.
Our mission is "To forge a delightful ecosystem for engineers at Canva, amplifying their craft and enabling them to ship fast and correctly at scale." Our dream is to empower engineers with a world-class developer experience, so they can focus on meaningful tasks while being supported by a toolset they love and trust. We want them to feel like Formula 1 drivers, backed by the best technology and supported by a skilled Developer Platform pit crew, so they’re empowered to unleash their full potential.
As a Product Manager within the CI Platform team, you'll be responsible for a critical part of the developer experience for all Canvanaut engineers, ensuring that we continue to enable engineers to ship high-quality products to our production environments without compromising security, quality, and reliability expectations that our users have from Canva. Our CI system handles millions of builds that build and verify our Canva monorepo which hosts the whole application codebase.
What you'll do
- Define the vision and strategy for Canva's CI platform that helps engineers meet their security, compliance, and regulatory obligations, minimise developer friction and improve their overall efficiency
- Drive Canva's adoption of various CI Platform offerings to maximise its leverage and return on investment
- Maintain regular, transparent communications between Canva engineers and the CI Platform team
- You'll have a deep passion for solving engineers' problems, ultimately accelerating Canva's hyper-ambitious goals
- You're deeply passionate about understanding and improving the developer experience to accelerate Canva's engineers safely
- You thrive in environments where you're enabling others to do great things by doing great things yourself
- You're an excellent communicator! You can tailor how you speak about developer efficiency and high-performance engineering teams when working across different specialties and parts of the business to drive significant outcomes
- You're great at balancing long-term vision and strategy with regularly delivering impactful outcomes that bring us closer to that vision
- You're comfortable moving forward even if we don't have all the information available to us, balancing first-principles reasoning with the data that we do have at hand
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina
tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.