We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Group and Team
The Global Services Group comprises several localisation and internationalisation teams that include linguists, project managers, and engineers distributed throughout the company. The goal is to ensure that every user has a Canva experience that feels truly local, and to empower all Canvanauts with the tools and best practices they need to go global. This involves everything from developing a vision for the global user experience, through procuring translation services via LSPs, to maintaining localisation infrastructure roadmaps. By joining us, you’ll be involved in all stages of the development cycle in world-class product and marketing teams.
We're looking for a Senior Localization Program Manager to drive our global product localization strategy and successful delivery of our localized knowledge solutions. Every month, more than 55 million Canva users create a design in one of the 100 languages other than English that Canva supports. The Global Services group comprises several localization and internationalisation teams that include linguists, project managers, and engineers distributed throughout the company. Our mission is to ensure that every user has a Canva experience that feels truly local, and to empower all Canvanauts with the tools and best practices they need to go global.
What we're looking for
You love taking things from chaos to clarity — you’re a natural at understanding ambiguous, complex problems and communicating them simply to others. You also have the drive to see things through despite changes and setbacks. You’re equally comfortable discussing detail with engineers and ideas with product managers and designers. You’re great with tech (Atlassian project management tools, basic web development) and you write a mean doc.
You understand the global user experience and how to improve it, ideally from experience working in a localization/internationalisation environment within a SaaS company. Speaking multiple languages is a huge bonus, as is vendor-side experience with localization.
What you'll do:
- Drive localization strategy and implementation of localization processes and solutions for Product Localization at Canva
- Define and manage localization success metrics as they relate to the broader business and organizational goals
- Support international expansion of Canva’s platforms by implementing efficient and scalable product localization solutions
- Guide the cross-functional team of project managers, engineers, and designers in localizability best practices to ensure success of international product launches
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to advocate localization best practices, improve and automate translation processes and tools, and ensure consistent user experience globally
- Identify process improvements and devise solutions that decrease cost and reduce time-to-market of localized features/products/platforms
- Partner with translation vendors to ensure that translation projects are delivered at the expected standards
- Co-own linguistic quality framework and help manage translation quality to ensure that the localized content meets or exceeds users’ expectations
- Manage translation budget
- Evangelize internationalization and localization best practices
- Long-term experience (7+ years) in localization program/project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Languages, Linguistics, Translation, or a related discipline
- Proficiency in Translation Management Systems and translation tools
- In-depth knowledge of localization industry standards and file formats (HTML, XML, DITA, XLIFF, etc.)
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently in a global, multicultural team
- Experience working across time zones with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to measure, analyze, and present data to senior leaders
- Master’s Degree in Languages, Linguistics, Translation, Localization, or a related discipline (preffered)
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Fluency in one or more languages other than English
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills, ability to create macros, or basic scripting skills
- Experience with multimedia localization
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work. We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.