Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
Canva is an online platform that is available across the globe with millions of users worldwide, and our Premier Support Team ensures that Canva realises its goal to empower our users and keep them engaged through social media and their respective communities.
Social media and online communities are the fastest and most accessible ways to interact with our users, which means that our specialists are our front-liners. We are active on different social media platforms such as: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Canva community groups. We create valuable content and engage with users in real-time ensuring that each message, mention, tweet, post, and share - are responded to and given its much-deserved #Canvalove.
You have a passion to solve problems and a zest to empower team members to do the best work of their lives. You are driven and passionate about user engagement and ensuring our customers are provided with a positive and efficient social media experience. You are incredibly tech and social-media-savvy, comfortable navigating around current and upcoming social media tools, and have the creative abilities to turn ideas into reality. You display a great attention to detail, and an ability to put yourself in our users’ shoes. We need someone who loves challenges and is adaptable to change. Do you want to work within a diverse, cross-cultural, customer-oriented organisation? Yes? Then we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing...
- Upholding and living by the Canva values
- Leading a team that is actively and creatively supporting our users on Canva’s social media accounts ensuring that everyone enjoys a tailored and positive user experience.
- Conduct effective coaching, individual or group discussions with members to set clear goals and expectations, monitor performance and provide constructive feedback with action-driven next steps
- Tailor-fit coaching styles effectively to different working styles of team members
- Take full responsibility for the overall output of the team
- Drive the team to realign focus on what’s important for the business
- Actively remove blockers that hinder members to achieve individual and team goals
- Tie up different people with diverse skill sets and drive them to become a high performing team
- Challenge and stretch team members to help them pursue their career aspirations while maintaining alignment with business goals
- Uphold Canva’s core customer service value of customer centricity in order to produce long-term customer loyalty and happiness.
- Collaborate within immediate teams, or other customer happiness verticals for cross-team projects and initiatives.
- Align with results-based performance; deeply understand prioritizing key performance indicators as an individual and as a team.
- Be an authentic Canva Ambassador, fully-equipped to represent Canva across both internal team communications and external customer engagement.
You’d love this role if…
- You’ve had significant and relevant experience in supporting customers across different social media platforms.
- You are an effective problem-solver and resolve problems to make others feel that their concerns are valid.
- You have knowledge and understanding of Sprout Social - Canva’s primary tool for social media engagements.
- Have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You have exposure to a customer centric environment
- Can deliver individual results through collaboration and with a team goal in mind
- Self-motivation for growth and learning; can proactively put themself outside of their comfort zone
- Adaptability and flexibility; can tackle blockers and challenges with an open mentality and “what-alternatives-do-I-have” demeanor
- Patience, empathy and integrity to complement our core values of Be a Good Human and Be a Force for Good
- Amenability to 24/7 shifting schedules, including rotating shifts, weekday rest days and split offs
- Direct customer service experience within email and chat support is a huge plus!
What are we looking for:
- At least 5-years leadership experience in customer service managing a high-performing team
- Social Media Support Management experience is a huge plus!
- Previous experience handling both email and chat transactions
- Experience leading a team during a rapid growth phase
- In-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practices, software, and other relevant systems and tools
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets, and leading with a bias for continuous improvement
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Proven ability to influence, energise, develop and drive change
- Grace under fire: ability to present in front of large groups, navigate through ambiguity, and demonstrate composure in stressful situations
- How to engage with Canva's social media users in a creative and personal way
- Experience supporting social media sites with more than a million followers.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.