Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Coach a team of frontend engineers who are responsible for building the first set of features and foundation for an offline Canva product.
This team is part of the wider Performance group with the mission to make Canva the fastest graphical design tool in the world. To do this, we need Canva available offline to support users to design anywhere, anytime, with or without a reliable internet connection.
What you’ll do
- Working with multiple product teams across Canva to build out offline requirements by understanding how their teams are building features
- Finding out the changes necessary to turn them offline, and working with the feature teams to understand the time it will take, as well as dependencies and risks
- Ensuring the Offline team is set up to deliver these changes, both from an engineering feasibility perspective as well as from a resourcing perspective
- Seasonal roadmap planning and prioritisation for the team
- Own the technical direction of the team by leveraging the technical skills of the team
- Build and maintain a healthy team culture through 1:1s, team cadences and nurturing the development of engineers within the team
- Demonstrated experience navigating complex product experiences, then translating them to a clear engineering roadmap.
- Frontend experience using React, MobX and typescript
- Experience with service workers would be highly regarded
- Effective communication skills with the ability to understand the needs of product team engineers when building offline features, and rallying the team to build tools that fit their needs.
- Excellent organisational skills, planning for engineering work while keeping stakeholders involved and informed
- You are experienced in finding blockers and issues in a complex engineering environment by talking to many specialities such as engineering, legal, security, privacy, product management, and so on. You can then account for them when estimating the delivery of offline functionalities.
This role is remote-friendly across Australia and New Zealand - you don't have to live in Sydney to make a huge impact at Canva. Apply now to be considered!
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.