Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
The product marketing team is on a mission to empower our Canva community to achieve its goals through Canva’s world-class products and tools. We do this by helping bring our new products to market and drive continuous engagement and adoption across our array of existing products. We want every person to discover how Canva can help them every day whether through creating social graphics, building impactful presentations, educating our future generations, or printing gifts for their friends. With Canva everyone can achieve their goals!
About the role
You will be the product marketing owner for our new Higher Education product (“Canva for Campus”), responsible for driving product, user, and revenue growth of higher education institutions via a hybrid of low & high-touch GTM strategies. You will work closely with Product, Marketing, Sales, and Support teams to bring new features to market, build our enterprise and high-velocity motion, and drive user adoption, retention & expansion.
As the subject matter expert for our higher education product, you will align & enable internal teams (Sales, Marketing, Support), as well as drive 360 communication loops and visibility across the organization. Responsible for crafting the personas, positioning & messaging for Canva’s strategic portfolio – you will work closely with our Sales team to drive & guide our overarching targeting & GTM strategy. Your market, competitive, and customer knowledge will inform strategic roadmap decisions to ensure an exceptional product-market fit among higher education institutions.
What you'll do
- Product strategy - Oversee the end-to-end product strategy and marketing opportunity for your area of business. Influence and rally teams to seize core market opportunities and bring world-class products to market. You’re someone who sees the big picture and can piece different ideas and products together into a cohesive customer experience.
- Market research - Highly proficient in sourcing and analyzing the market. Build competitive insights and translate these insights into useful workstreams for teams.
- Product positioning & messaging - Own the creation and delivery of product positioning for your area of the business. You’ll be responsible for empowering all teams at Canva to use your positioning across the entire Product, Marketing, and Sales funnel.
- GTM - Create cross-business GTM plans, which will impact a large number of Canva users within a strategic area of growth for our enterprise business. Rally cross-functional teams and fulfill the requirements of marketing teams. Own and drive the GTM objectives, strategy, market analysis, product launch, competitive intel, personas, buyer’s journey, and sales enablement.
- Product adoption, growth & awareness - Partner with Product and Marketing teams to ensure continued adoption and engagement of our product base.
- Cross-functional champion - You’ll be the person that helps connect the dots between Product, Marketing, and Sales. You’ll have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills to ensure everyone knows what’s launching, when, and how it impacts them.
What we're looking for
- Relevant B2B or sales-led product marketing experience in a senior/lead position.
- Exceptional storytelling, communication skills, and executive presence, which empower all stakeholders to support the GTM strategies that you have built.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships across the organization, including Product, Marketing, Sales, Strategy, Customer Success, and Research.
- Ability to identify and forecast potential business problems/opportunities and identify appropriate ways to seize the opportunities and prioritize resources.
- Experience building and running sophisticated cross-functional strategies and workstreams.
- Ability to understand the market, competitors, and core customer audience. Identifying crucial trends, and rectifying problems as they arise. You share these insights broadly with all key stakeholders and use these insights to mold the product, messaging, and GTM strategy.
- Given the fast-growing nature and pace of work, you’ll be someone who can juggle multiple projects at once and demonstrate exceptional prioritization skills.
- You’re someone with a growth mindset - eager to learn and try new things every day.
- You’re someone who loves solving customer problems with products. You enjoy working closely with product teams to build world-class products.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key to building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina
tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.