We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
This role is for our Pexels team which is headquartered in Europe. Pexels is one of the biggest, most loved and fastest growing free stock photo sites in the world. We help millions of creators to easily build beautiful products and designs by connecting them with talented photographers. We are one of the 500 most visited websites in the world (https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/pexels.com#card_rank
). Among our millions of users are people from the greatest brands and companies in the world like Forbes, Buzzfeed and Facebook.
We have a very high bar regarding the skills, character and ambition of our team. We are looking for coworkers who are among the very best in their field who can help us turn Pexels into one of the big tools used by tens of millions of creatives worldwide.
Since so many designers, developers and startups are using Pexels you have the chance to work on and build a product that a lot of your friends and peers know, use and love. Come on board and help making sure your friends can use the best version of Pexels possible.
What you'll do:
- Take ownership of new features and provide maintenance and support.
- Work on our ongoing migration to Next.js from Ruby on Rails.
- Assist with the API design, development, and documentation of our UI Kit.
- Proactively identify and solve bugs, bottlenecks, and issues.
- Work with designers to develop new pages and features.
- Take part in product decisions.
- Build a product with an amazing user experience that makes millions of designers, writers and photographers happy.
- A deep understanding of React.
- Know how to write maintainable CSS.
- Experience with Next.js and Typescript is a plus but not required.
- Fluent in English.
What we offer:
- Work from anywhere.
- Annual team retreat (when traveling is safe again) to a beautiful place that we all vote on.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Parental leave.
- Annual education/conference stipend to learn something new.
- An environment to have a huge impact on our company, the product, and our users.
- A flexible and very effective team dedicated to your personal development.
The ideal candidate would be located in Europe or the US due to the company being headquartered in Europe and the time difference.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.