We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Every month, more than 55 million Canva users create a design in one of the 100 languages other than English that Canva supports. The Global Services Group comprises several localisation and internationalisation teams that include linguists, project managers, and engineers distributed throughout the company. Our mission is to ensure that every user has a Canva experience that feels truly local, and to empower all Canvanauts with the tools and best practices they need to go global.
This mission involves everything from developing a vision for the global user experience, through to reimaging already existing parts of our products, to developing Canva’s brand tone of voice in key markets. If you join us, you’ll be involved in all stages of the development cycle in world-class product and marketing teams.
The Global Services team is working to hyperlocalise Canva’s products and marketing channels, by targeting geo-specific user design needs. We need the help of a talented designer who can create and curate amazing visuals in and outside of the product (things like upsell dialogues, email creatives, or homepage banners), that speak to specific markets’ cultures and device behavior. You’ll work closely with a vibrant and friendly Brand creative studio, taking their English assets and reinterpreting them as beautiful, market-specific collateral.
You’ll also be responsible for managing our localised creative agency, running a scalable process for high volume, regular requests (e.g. localisation of onboarding videos, generic UI assets for landing pages, etc.)
Ultimately, you’ll have the opportunity to deliver a wide variety of creative campaigns, the freedom to influence design direction, and the chance to create elegant, on-trend designs every day.
- Assist Product and Marketing Localisation teams with key design projects across the business.
- Research and art direct for our hyperlocalisation experiments, working across a broad range of verticals and topics to ensure that we’re delivering the right visual cues to our various international users.
- Ensure high-quality production of graphic design for all users
- Coordinate our creative/DTP agency to deliver high-volume requests (that fall out of the ad-hoc category)
- Own curation and quality assurance for all localised assets
- Research competitors, trends, patterns and best-practises, visual/interaction design inspiration, user and business insights.
- Ensure our in-house designers create with localisation best practices in mind.
- Produce and integrate effective & efficient design practices.
- Support the team’s scalability through documentation and process improvement.
We'd love it if you have...
- 4+ years experience as a Graphic or Visual Designer creating a diverse range of designs in print and digital (motion design experience a plus!)
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing on-trend, relevant, and beautiful designs
- The ability to consider user experience and how it ties back to on-the-ground market realities
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment, seeking feedback to improve your work and take your designs further
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and using design to make a difference
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.