Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team & role
Infrastructure is a huge investment at Canva, consisting of Cloud Platforms, Developer Platforms, and Reliability Platforms that are used by all Canva engineers, and therefore crucial to the scaling of the organisation. As such, we’re looking to gain a better, data-driven understanding of how our users interact with our products.
Data Analysts in Infra help derive insights from data to better understand user interactions with Infrastructure product offerings, and suggest how we might improve the Canva engineer’s developer experience.
This is a very exciting opportunity - you will be joining a brand new team and the first of its kind! There is a huge opportunity to shape how data analytics is done in Infrastructure, and have a very broad impact.
Your team will work in collaboration with multiple teams and stakeholders to support their decision making process. This includes:
- Working alongside the teams and Product Managers to identify the product needs.
- Ensuring the right data is being collected and stored.
- Modelling the data appropriately Identifying and reporting back about patterns and trends.
- Building and maintaining dashboards for Infra teams.
- Helping improve data literacy within the Infra Supergroup.
- Find insights that help us understand both our Infrastructure product offerings and our users (Canva engineers) - we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to see what sticks.
- Suggest improvements that will actually move our metrics - when we release changes, we want to actually see the bump in the relevant graph.
- Build and maintain dashboards for our Infrastructure teams that can be incorporated into the team’s cadences.
- Own projects, data models, dashboards, and other artefacts and keep them up-to-date and high quality in a hyper growth environment.
- Use our data to answer the sort of questions that sound really simple but turn out to be challenging (and fun!)Help us extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the Infrastructure supergroup.
- Strong competency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery is a plus!
- Experience wrangling and analysing data using Python or R.
- Experience with optimising products for user efficiency and experience, and building dashboards that effectively communicate results and outcomes.
- A grounding in mathematics/statistics and a bachelor's degree in a STEM area is preferred; but not required.
- Experience with very large data sets is a huge plus, but not required.
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.