We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, our mission is to empower the world to design, and we’re looking for insightful data analysts who can help us make that happen.
Our product has grown enormously in the last few years. We now have 10s of millions of users generating enormous quantities of data every single day. To help us fuel our future growth, we need to better understand our data - this is where we need your help.
We're looking for self-motivated individuals who are curious about our product and our users, and who are excited to seek out valuable insights. We don’t want you to just be a resource that answers questions - we want you to act as a genuine data partner with your team and the broader business. We have a LOT of data and need people who can use their skills to help us make the most of it!
We're looking to grow the team and continue to scale the impact of machine learning and data-driven decisions across Canva, specifically in the Business-to-Business (B2B) space. This area is ripe with opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst to make an impact at Canva. You'll be joining a new and fast moving cross-functional team, rapidly building data tools and resources that staff can equip themselves to succeed. This role is about providing some closely-aligned support for our Strategic Sales team in Austin, Texas.
- Organising strategy for the improvement of our Strategic Sales data support.
- Creating lead score models, integration of such models into Salesforce, build of churn score models, and next-best action recommendations for Sales representatives.
- This role is all about bringing together key players from Sydney, Australia and Austin, Texas, together in an organised manner. It will require close coordination with several stakeholders and a real sense of drive and initiative to keep things moving.
- Suggest and run interesting experiments that will actually move our metrics - when we push tests to 100% we want to actually see the bump in the relevant graph.
- Build and maintain dashboards for our B2B initiatives, and make them look really good - you don’t need to be a designer or have any design talent, you just need to want to build cool things.
- Use our giant databases to answer the sort of questions that sound really simple but turn out to be challenging (and fun!)
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in the B2B world, specifically in identifying customers prime for an Enterprise product, based on their behaviour metrics in the product, as well as their company size and value
- Previous experience working closely with a Sales team and hands-on experience with Salesforce.
- Willingness to coordinate remotely with part of your team in Sydney, but normal hours will still apply.
- Strong competency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery is a plus!
- Experience wrangling and analysing data using Python or R
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas. Stakeholder management skills are vital in this role.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
If you're a passionate data analyst seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.