We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 55 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 4 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
One of our core values is to “Be a force for good”. We give 1% of our profits to good. Our paid product is free for all schools and not-for-profit organizations. And we believe diverse people and perspectives are key to building the best possible product for our diverse community. To achieve this, we’re actively working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
About the role
At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs. A vital part of this mission is the content that users can add to their designs - photos, illustrations, fonts, videos (soon), and more that live within the editor.
Behind all of these design ingredients is the Content Team, whose mission is to ensure that every type of content within the Canva editor is high quality, fresh, inspiring, and caters to every user. In addition to sourcing and managing content, the team is dedicated to improving the contributor experience as well as promoting the best content to Canva users.
We’re looking for someone with exceptional organisational skills and a strong photography background to help produce and source stock photos for the Canva library, manage administrative tasks and provide artistic direction and quality assurance when necessary.
This role is vital to allow the PhotoContent Team to function smoothly and assist the team hit their project goals efficiently and effectively.
What you'll be doing
- Producing stock photo content based on content gaps, user requests, trends, etc. from pre-production planning to post production
- Researching relevant content and styles
- Creating detailed briefs
- Liaising with photographers during the entire production process
- Coordinating with in-house teams and making sure their content requests are being produced
- Working closely with Art Directors in ensuring goals for the season are met
- Sourcing, screening and managing our global network of photographers
- Tracking and reviewing photographer submissions to ensure we get the best content for our users
- Producing and shooting in-house photo content
You’ll love this job if
- You love producing a wide variety of photo content
- You work quickly and efficiently to make sure we are bringing new and relevant content to our users in a timely way
- You champion diversity and inclusion that reflect in the work you do
- You have a passion for improving and streamlining processes
- You enjoy collaborative working environments and idea exchanges
We'd love it if you have...
- a good eye for photography and are up to date with photography styles and trends
- a strong portfolio showcasing your photography work
- in depth technical knowledge (i.e. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, lighting setup, etc.)
- experience producing studio and on-location photoshoots
- project or team management experience
- a good eye for prop and food styling
- good communication skills
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.