We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs. A vital part of this mission is the content that users can add to their designs - photos, illustrations, fonts, videos, and more. As the company grows, so too does our user base. In order to ensure we’re providing fresh, relevant ‘ingredients’ for all of their design needs, we’re continually producing and acquiring new content.
All this beautiful content that is being created and uploaded to Canva every day by our teams, contributors, and partners must be consistently tagged and described by our metadata reviewers and curators. This is the cornerstone of providing a world-class search and discovery experience for all our users.
This role has been created to help in all our content metadata efforts - we’re looking for someone with incredible quality assurance and organizational skills, and a self-starter who loves responsibility.
This role is vital to allow the Curation & Content Optimization Team to function smoothly and help the team hit their project goals efficiently and effectively.
What You'll Do...
- Training, Coaching, and Performance Monitoring of Content Metadata Specialists
- Weekly metadata quality review and creation of scorecards
- Ensure metadata quality for Canva’s content library is exceptional and continuously improving
You'll love this job if you...
- Love quality assurance challenges
- Obsess about organization and avoiding problems when delivering products or services to customers
- Enjoy clear, structured and repetitive tasks
We'd love it if you have...
- Team coaching, management, and training experience
- Quality assurance and operations experience
- Experience with keyword optimization and / or metadata entry
- Strong understanding of the English language, including a wide range of cultural references and concepts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge on design fundamentals (composition, color, style, etc.)
What you'll love at Canva...
- HMO with 2 Dependents on Day 1
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Professional educational allowance - we care about your growth
- Fitness membership
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.